Arizona Chicken Breeders/Sellers: need your info

Finally getting around to doing this.  We also have a facebook page ( KVKC Poultry Ranch). Come like us and check us out.  We are in the process of raising up Good Shepperd Lines for Barred Rocks, Rhode Bars from Green Fire Farms and Heritage Silver Laced Wyandottes.
Farm Name: KVKC Ranch, LLC
Website/blog: http://kvkcranch.com
Contact Info: 520-266-0177
Breeds: Plymouth Barred Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Wheaton Ameraucana, Easter Eggers, Rhode Bar
Comments: We sell Chicks and fertile eggs

I just Liked your page on Facebook. Where is Hereford, AZ? I am northwest of Phoenix.

Farm Name: L & R Family Farm
Website/blog:
Contact Info: [email protected]
Breeds: Rhode Island Red, Australorps, Wheaten Ameraucanas, Buff Orpington, Leghorn, Polish, Barred Rock,
White Crested Ducks, Peking Duck, Rousen Ducks, Royal Palms Turkeys

Comments: My roosters will be here the end of May, will be breeding next year. We will be selling chicks and fertile eggs.

Would you like to be listed on my blog? Yes

Hi All ! I'm new to BYC and soooo glad to be here...YAHOO ! Ok, so i live in White Hills, AZ (in between Kingman and Boulder City, NV) and i'm looking for baby chicks in the area that i can pick up SOON......i had 15 shipped to me the other day and 4 were dead on arrival...i'm traumatized and just want to pick up some replacements near by that are around the same age...i'm done with the shipping dealio :( I'd really prefer a more friendly breed that isn't going to abuse my Orpingtons...i've called the feed stores in kingman and golden valley and they are sold out...any ideas?? THANKS ! :)

Hello everyone,

My name is John; my wife (Tammy) and I own Hippie Chicks n’ Eggs in Hereford, AZ. I love this site, there’s so much information, always a good resource!! I saw this thread and figured maybe I could add a little something to this topic…I hope. I would like to begin by using myself and my business as the example, since I “should” know what I’m talking about (our business only). First, it all begins with breeding stock; a quality chick costs money, and not all chicks are hens. Additionally, not all chicks meet or turn out to be the same quality as the parents. So a quick example of buying breeding stock would look something like this; 20 quality straight run chicks at $20.00 each, $400.00 total cost. Figure half of those chicks are roosters, leaves us with 10 hens, not all of them will make it into the breeding program. This would leave someone like me with 1 rooster, 5 hens, and a starting cost of $400.00. The second area is all the costs associated with the proper care of a flock(s). Its one thing to raise chickens for eggs and food, but the cost to hatch and raise chicks is a little costly. If I use the above example with a starting cost of $400.00, a ballpark figure of $400.00 to get those 6 birds to the point they are breeding, then I need to ensure their offspring is of quality. This brings me to the third item, time. It takes “us” roughly one year from start to finish before we start selling chicks. Once we get to the point we are ready to sell a chick we have invested at least a year in time and more than $1,000.00. This brings me to the point of sale, knowing the above totals invested what would be a fair price to ask for a chick? Sure, a breeder could cut corners, increase their volume of birds, but not many small breeders can't compete with the hatcheries. In closing, if someone is in the area and is on a fixed budget, we’ll work with you. We raise chickens for the enjoyment and we’d love to help you get started. https://www.facebook.com/HippieChicksEggs

Last edited:
WOW !
ep.gif
i sure do have a whole new perspective John ! thank you for sharing

Tracy

specialize in started pullets--not a breeder ,but have purchased some stock from good lines-Blue Laced red Wyandottes (Foley) & Lavender Orpingtons (Brushy Creek Home)-next spring planning on Salmon Faverolles (SilknFeathers)--Vicki HHH---e-mail -

[email protected]

I"ve not been on here lately as I moved from the Valley in AZ up to the Wht Mts .... I had to laugh tho! I had heard how the Orpingtons get picked on alot and so I bought 12 chicks all the same age, different breeds so the orpingtons could grow up together with the rest... ha! They are the bullies of my flock!!! Maybe it's becauuse I happened to get a Rooster of those 12 and he is an Orpington and I think he favors the 3 Orps! Well, that was until a Baard Rock matured and now she is the QUEEN!!! I call her Queen B!

Many people do not realize the amount of time & money-I keep track of my chick prices & my feed bill-When I sell I always put---PRICES INCREASE WITH DAYS OF FEED & CARE--No matter what price I said -most people reacted with-that's too much--or they would call -I'd quote a price-then they might show up 2 weeks later & expect the same price-this year I went with-original cost of chicks-then add 15 cents daily-$1 weeklt-1 month $4-so hopefully when they hear 15 cents daily-they might realize what a minimum amount this is-never fully compensated for my time-I always sell out-probably spring of 2014-price will raise to18 cents daily-$1.25 weekly-$5 monthly---good luck-Vicki HHH

I would love to be added. I sell eggs in my local area (Peeples Valley) and currently have have several Silkies (3 months old) that I would like to sell. I can deliver them out to the Prescott area as I already go there several times a week.

Farm Name: Backyard Chicken Lady
Website/blog: http://backyardchickenlady.blogspot.com
Contact Info: backyardchickenlady (at) gmail . com
Breeds: Silkies, Barred Rock Mixes, random
Comments: I sell eggs in my local area and because I am addicted to hatching eggs I am sure I will have more chicks each spring.

As of today (11/7/13) I have 8 Silkies that I would like to sell to reduce my flock. I have 3 White, 2 Black, 1 Splash, and 2 Buff. Sex is unknown as they are only 3 months old. I would like $10 each or $64 for all eight ($8 ea). They have all been hand-raised by myself and my grandkids. They eat organic crumbles, bugs they catch, fodder I grow, and a bit of scratch as a treat on cool evenings. I can deliver the Silkies out to the Prescott area.

SILKIES HAVE ALL FOUND GREAT NEW HOMES,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom