Arizona Chickens

Quote:
We had the two Cornish & supposedly 2 Red Broilers. We processed the Cornish and Gave away the Red Roo.

We have 3 more red birds but no idea id they are broilers or Production reds.

I guess we'll see who lays the most eggs and the loser goes to freezer camp.

I still want those Appenzeller Spitzhaubens!

Going off your recent picture Mikey, I'd say all three are the production reds. Lay away!
big_smile.png

Quote:
It was my Splash Wheaten Am roo. And he was BEAUTIFUL. Rare blue legs on a splash, gorgeous lacing... perfect for breeding with wheatens to make blue wheatens.

So, I'm without a roo for a while because Junior, that I got from Turkeybreeder (who hatched him from my eggs) was just simply TOO LOUD and he's on his way to Heber to take Geoffrey's place.

On Saturday, I found a stealth nest with 14 chicken eggs under an old patio chair on the front porch. I put them under a broody turkey hen, and she took to them right away. I'm pretty sure they're not 100% fertile, as the chickens have just started mating again after their winter molting break, but it will be hilarious to watch a mama turkey with baby chickens. Especially as she's a Midget White, and the chicks will be Black Australorps.

The ducks and turkeys are mating also. It seems much earlier than last year - I wonder if it's because of the warmer weather we've been having?

Have a great week, y'all!!!

Bryan

Dar- I am so sorry about Fred. I really was hoping everything would turn out perfect for you. You REALLY need a good Chicken year after all you went through last year. If you are interested in Wheaten Marans Cockerels, I have 4 that are about 8 weeks old. You can have your pick. If you want a trio, I can give you a couple of pullets to go with him. Will post pics if you are interested. In my bachelor pen there is a black rock and a couple of EE's. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Wednesday BobsHenhouse is passing the seed box to me. I will be in West side with it on Thursday and would like to pass it along then. Please send me a PM if you are in the Phoenix area...or wittman, wickenburg ect. I will be happy to drop it by.

Back
Top Bottom