Arizona Chickens

maybe i should go out and threaten mine... i went from 5/day to 1/day and i have more people to feed since my parents are here. i dont wanna buy store eggs
hmm.png

i am about to get dechickened/deducked. there is obviously too much noise at my house and the fireman is going crazy and i suppose it is just a matter of time before the neighbors get angry. so here is what i need to get rid of:

paint silkie roo FREE (sniff)
blue silkie roo FREE

pair of magpie ducks 5 months old
pair SQ silver appleyard ducks 5 months old
3 runner ducklings 2 weeks old
some basque chicks 2 weeks
some SQ splash bantam cochins 2 weeks

ducks are froms Holderreads, except runners, chicks i hatched. make me an offer, i am in north phoenix.

Last edited:
i am about to get dechickened/deducked. there is obviously too much noise at my house and the fireman is going crazy and i suppose it is just a matter of time before the neighbors get angry. so here is what i need to get rid of:

blue silkie roo FREE

ducks are froms Holderreads, except runners, chicks i hatched. make me an offer, i am in north phoenix.

I can't take them, but how loud are the silkie roos? As docile, quiet and seemingly shy as they sound, I've been wondering about that for awhile, but hadn't found an answer. My wife wants a few when we get our next batch (which is soon since Jed gets out of the hospital on the 16th, for those of you who remember his story) and it would be nice to not have to worry about whether or not they are all hens.

I think it's so funny you call him "the fireman" all the time. How did he go about getting that name, aside from the obvious?

i love that cartoon, it always seems to pass by my eyes whenever i have deadbeat hens too. i guess its hard being a chicken, lol. my juvie rooster mr yellow started crowing last night at 10:30, and we arent sure what set him off. so my dad now calls him dinner - and its not an affectionate nickname!

saw this on the front page today:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/720896/4th-annual-byc-nyd-hatch-a-long
cant believe its that time already!!

I can't take them, but how loud are the silkie roos? As docile, quiet and seemingly shy as they sound, I've been wondering about that for awhile, but hadn't found an answer. My wife wants a few when we get our next batch (which is soon since Jed gets out of the hospital on the 16th, for those of you who remember his story) and it would be nice to not have to worry about whether or not they are all hens.

I think it's so funny you call him "the fireman" all the time. How did he go about getting that name, aside from the obvious?
he's a pyromaniac. you all thought he was an actual firefighter?
lau.gif

oh wait, he is.

I shouldn't have seen that 4th Annual NYD hatching link!!!

I didn't have the time to run it this year as I'm planning with my brother for a huge family reunion...

... but if my Blue Wheaten roo starts getting frisky with the girls... and my four girls ever start laying again, I may pull out the Brinsea and join.

blue silkie roo FREE

Oh man, that stinks! What are you "allowed" to keep? Aren't you hatching more right now?

Back
Top Bottom