Arizona Chickens

For those interested in the Omega 3 Chicken Pasture Blend grass seed, it is currently on sale for 20% off if you use the promo code "Pastured" plus shipping is a flat $9.99 for each box up to 40 pounds. Mine has started sprouting and I think it will be great. TimSkins said his came in great and Lady's flock ate the living daylights out of hers, so it seems to be good.

How long do you think it will keep for? I still have plenty left I was hoping to put down come spring.

:welcome
First, Hi to the new folks.  I'm sorry I'm not calling you by name but it's  few pages back and internet is so slow out here it takes forever to jump from page to page.

Fuzzybird, sure I can take them. I got mine in April, but I think they will all get along, I'll coop them up for a while till they get used to being here.  Everybody here runs around together, and they all seem to get along.

Anyone know if there is a way to increase the number of posts on a page to make it easier to glance back at them? I know it was possible on the old site, but I haven't been on since it was changed.

Hey Bob,

If you change the sites format from MOBILE to DESKTOP at the bottom the screen you get more options. Scroll to the bottom again once on full version and go to MY PROFILE. You then click on preferences to update the length of the threads. Hope that helps!

For those interested in the Omega 3 Chicken Pasture Blend grass seed, it is currently on sale for 20% off if you use the promo code "Pastured" plus shipping is a flat $9.99 for each box up to 40 pounds. Mine has started sprouting and I think it will be great. TimSkins said his came in great and Lady's flock ate the living daylights out of hers, so it seems to be good.
where do you get this? And it can be planted now?

Here is my setup for the bigger coop. We just added the nesting boxes today, but still need to add a lip to the top ones to keep the hay in. This is 10x10.

And here's the smaller coop. It is basically a tractor coop that we enclosed in another dog kennel for extra room and extra protection. This one is 5x15 for the whole thing.

You learn something new everyday! I found that one of my chickens is a different breed than I thought. I have always called Squeakers a Golden Lakenvelder, but just read that there is no such breed. She actually is a Vorwerk!

I got an egg from my polish hen again today. She didn't lay for 2 weeks. Maybe a molt cuz we have feathers everywhere!!

My EE Eleanor was squawking earlier then I saw her in the nest box, a bit later she came back out of the coop but no egg. She went back out into the yard with the others for about an hour. I had to go out for a bit so I locked the girls back in the run, and when I checked the box when I got home no egg still. I walked over to a corner of the yard I don't spend much time in and almost stepped on an egg. It was off white. I'm going to assume it was Eleanor who laid it because of the way she was acting today. I was really hoping for a blue egg, I know someone who has an EE that looks just like mine and she gets blue eggs from hers so I was hoping they were the same mix of birds and mine would lay blue as well. :( The egg was a lot larger than the first eggs from either of my other 2 that are laying though but they lay medium brown eggs. The only other bird I own is a Welsummer who hasn't laid yet but I doubt it's from her. Guess I'll have to get another EE or an Ameracauna or something from a breeder to try again for a blue egg. It's a bit muddy because she laid it in the yard.

where do you get this?  And it can be planted now?

It is sold through Grow Organic at http://www.groworganic.com/omega-3-chicken-forage-blend-irrigated.html. I planted mine a little over a week a. and it seems to be growing well. By the time it ships out, though, I'm afraid it'll probably be too cold to germinate.

Tim, all seeds sold commercially can not be sold after ten months, unless it is retested for germination. Howecer, seeds kept in cool, dry conditions are supposed to last at least two years. If it is vacuum sealed and refrigerated, many claim a ten year lifespan.

I have personally planted my lawn with seed that was several years old with great success. In fact, I think it should be between a year and two years for best results.

That sucks about her knee.. She needs a large hamster ball. I think Steve "O" had one or something
close to it..

Thank you for the info on the grass

welcome-byc.gif

First, Hi to the new folks. I'm sorry I'm not calling you by name but it's few pages back and internet is so slow out here it takes forever to jump from page to page.

Fuzzybird, sure I can take them. I got mine in April, but I think they will all get along, I'll coop them up for a while till they get used to being here. Everybody here runs around together, and they all seem to get along.

Anyone know if there is a way to increase the number of posts on a page to make it easier to glance back at them? I know it was possible on the old site, but I haven't been on since it was changed.
Bob I PMed you. Hope you got it. Come on over to get the Keets. I left you my phone # and address.

Back
Top Bottom