Arizona Chickens

My EE Eleanor was squawking earlier then I saw her in the nest box, a bit later she came back out of the coop but no egg. She went back out into the yard with the others for about an hour. I had to go out for a bit so I locked the girls back in the run, and when I checked the box when I got home no egg still. I walked over to a corner of the yard I don't spend much time in and almost stepped on an egg. It was off white. I'm going to assume it was Eleanor who laid it because of the way she was acting today. I was really hoping for a blue egg, I know someone who has an EE that looks just like mine and she gets blue eggs from hers so I was hoping they were the same mix of birds and mine would lay blue as well. :( The egg was a lot larger than the first eggs from either of my other 2 that are laying though but they lay medium brown eggs. The only other bird I own is a Welsummer who hasn't laid yet but I doubt it's from her. Guess I'll have to get another EE or an Ameracauna or something from a breeder to try again for a blue egg. It's a bit muddy because she laid it in the yard. [/quotem Nice, our eggs have stuff on them some of the time.. the hen we got from Arizona chicken lays a blue egg. She might know. I think our buff brahma lays pinkish/skin color.. All of the colors are amazing..

Finally "it" is here! Our first egg!!! On Thursday Roosevelt was out free ranging and we could not locate her for a few minutes and we got worried she jumped the wall... again! After finding her on the opposite side of the yard from her coop and nesting box she looked really comfortable in between our lawn mower and wall of the house, but safe in the shade away from and predators or people for that matter. Lol.

My DH and I decided to leave her be, and do what we hoped she was about to do! She is now 21 weeks old and has been making some of the noticeable changes that should be occurring before she lays her first egg. Hip hip hooray!!!

We left and ran some errands and the second we got home I ran through the house to the backyard where she was joining our other gal KFC in a snack. I ran past them to her "spot" to find this. The most exciting thing! You would have thought it was Christmas. I yelled for the DH to celebrate with me.

Now today she did the same routine and hallelujah she did it again in the same exact spot. I guess her coop is not good enough? Lol.

Happy chicken mama :)

It is so good to hear so many new members and returning me bers, plus new eggs going into winter. This far south the winter nights are not as long as northern latitudes, :fl May eggs drop gently all winter long. I've have been getting min of 3 eggs and a max of 5 eggs from 5 layers. It has been a dry year.

I have some more picks of my girls, and you can have Basil Demosthine, I know you will keep me posted. He has a lot of personality, I am also realistic.

Hey Bob,

If you change the sites format from MOBILE to DESKTOP at the bottom the screen you get more options. Scroll to the bottom again once on full version and go to MY PROFILE. You then click on preferences to update the length of the threads. Hope that helps!
I have changed my setting to desktop repeatedly and every time I scroll to the bottom of the page it appears that the default is back to mobile. When I scroll down to my profile I cannot see where in my preferences I have the option to update the length of threads. I am on high speed internet both at home and work and changing pages is AGONIZINGLY SLOW! I cannot imagine with something slower than what I have. Is it the same for everyone else?

My EE Eleanor was squawking earlier then I saw her in the nest box, a bit later she came back out of the coop but no egg. She went back out into the yard with the others for about an hour. I had to go out for a bit so I locked the girls back in the run, and when I checked the box when I got home no egg still. I walked over to a corner of the yard I don't spend much time in and almost stepped on an egg. It was off white. I'm going to assume it was Eleanor who laid it because of the way she was acting today. I was really hoping for a blue egg, I know someone who has an EE that looks just like mine and she gets blue eggs from hers so I was hoping they were the same mix of birds and mine would lay blue as well. :( The egg was a lot larger than the first eggs from either of my other 2 that are laying though but they lay medium brown eggs. The only other bird I own is a Welsummer who hasn't laid yet but I doubt it's from her. Guess I'll have to get another EE or an Ameracauna or something from a breeder to try again for a blue egg. It's a bit muddy because she laid it in the yard.

WooHoo! Awesome on your 3rd hen laying! Maybe her egg color will change over the next few days, but it doesn't look like it will be blue :(

It is so good to hear so many new members and returning me bers, plus new eggs going into winter. This far south the winter nights are not as long as northern latitudes,
fl.gif
May eggs drop gently all winter long. I've have been getting min of 3 eggs and a max of 5 eggs from 5 layers. It has been a dry year.

I have some more picks of my girls, and you can have Basil Demosthine, I know you will keep me posted. He has a lot of personality, I am also realistic.

Angie is only 5 weeks old? She looks so much bigger and more developed than my girls who will be 7 weeks this Tuesday. Maybe the Pratt's was wrong when we got them and they said they were 2 weeks already.

Quote:
I've noticed extreme slowness when changing pages on BYC and several other forum-type websites I frequent. At least 1/3 of the time the page fails to load at all, and I have to go back and try it again. My issues started after a series of updates a couple of months ago. Browsing was lightning-fast for about two days after I switched to Internet Explorer 10, then all the add-on updates started and browsing has slowed to nearly unusable. I feel your pain.

I don't have any problems with the speed of pages loading on either my ancient desktop machine (mac) or the ipad (which is pretty fast anyway). I run Ad Block on the desktop so I have no advertisements and I wonder if that helps speed things up. I didn't realize how many ads BYC had until we got the ipad. I feel your pain though, slow loading pages are so frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom