Arizona Chickens

I think we should apply the Designer Breed concept to chicken... Just think about how much money you could make marketed your mutt hatching eggs as designer Buff Silkiton eggs... or cochitons! or Austracanas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have a Policana! She is pretty cute!

Hey, on that note, I have some roosters... The inevitable side effect of hatching eggs... I am sure no one wants them. So I will feed them until I can oust them.

Is anyone else trying to figure out what the heck happened on LOST??? Spending lots of time one Lostpedia trying to satisfy my need to understand.
he.gif

Laree - have a good day at work. hope you are doing better.

GCK - Lost is one I never watched, but I love SciFi and have thought about watching it online. I gather it didn't end with clarity.

Here are some pics. Squiggles is still watching over the 4 week sex-links. It was sweet to see them this morning trying to snuggle under her feathers.

27392_2010_05_25_holly_chicks_21.jpg

We let Jumbo out of the brooder today and she took her brood for a walk:
27392_2010_05_25_holly_chicks_9.jpg

You can see my first chicken coup in the back ground...that is the cute one we got for about $300 from a farmer in Queen Creek. The silver cloth over it is Aluminet to keep the heat away. The brooder which will be the new coop, is a candidate for the "ugly coup" contest. So far I spent $8 on it. No picture today.

What you can't see, is the $25 fence behind Jumbo. It is made from bird netting. It keeps them in their part of the yard. My hefty block wall fence keeps dogs and people out.

Last edited:
Hello from up north....I haven't checked in for a long time. I have had some kind of head cold or something and it has been draging me down

So far today is a nice day and still a lot cooler for this time of year, very different weather this year.I am hoping for a day or two of less wind.....the wind is getting to all them animals.

I had a couple of turkeys hatch here, they are so funny as babies the little silkies are smarter than they are.

Shaun....if you see this, PM or call me....

Hi to everyone else

Quote:
Nooooooooo!!!
th.gif

That stinks!!! Was it the yellow one? That is the one I am guessing is a pullet. The white one is participating in the baby roo sparing. So, hence, my guess. The yellow one is getting nice buff lacing and is much more dainty.
fl.gif

BTW, she is looking like the ONLY female of the 5 chicks.
tongue.gif

The ancona baby is definitely a roo. He's pretty.

Quote:
I have several more black and whites (looks like a reverse silver laced), I have a gold polish pair *thinks 1 hen, 1 roo but could be 2 pullets*. I have a handful white crested blue roos, and in a few weeks (after I can tell gender) I will have silver laced, gold laced and buff laced polish available. I didnnt mark my roos and don't want to accidentally get rid of my roos. I will have 3+ hens of each variety and possibly a rooster of each variety. I also have a phoenix pullet and we just noticed a few weeks ago that her beak is a bit twisted. All are great birds, I just have too many and would love to thin down to help reduce feed costs.

Back
Top Bottom