Arizona Chickens

I sprayed some vetericyn.. Wound & infection treatment.. Great stuff.. I work all day again, so I gave them both as much vitamin water as I could..

Good luck

Have you candled the eggs? You may want to try that before giving up on them. If they're still viable continue to turn them. I've heard of some that keep them in an egg carton until day 18 & gently tilt the carton one way and then the other next time.

No ma'am I haven't. They've been on a flat of eggs pretty much since you gave them to me (minus the ones under the hen) and I carry that flat around to collect new eggs every day. I bet some are still good but how long will they stay that way? I only have the one broody.

I just remembered I didn't check the old AM's nest box, so was surprised to find another 1 of the old girls left me a gift of a tiny egg.

Good luck
No ma'am I haven't. They've been on a flat of eggs pretty much since you gave them to me (minus the ones under the hen) and I carry that flat around to collect new eggs every day. I bet some are still good but how long will they stay that way? I only have the one broody.

You don't have them in the incubator? If not, they probably aren't viable anymore. Is your little bantam still sitting on the others?

What are these breed if chickens? I hatched out some mystery eggs last year from the grocery store and one looks just like these, but without the dark tail feathers. My girl also has very light legs. Here is her pic. It's hard to see her tufts, but I don't have a better pic. She looked just like your right one when she was younger. She's a year old now.

Mine are Wheaten Ameraucana's. I think your's might be a sex link though, hard to tell with the pic.

The two chicks made it. I can't believe it.. Anyway, does anyone have day old chicks?
I am so happy they made it. so awesome. I have some day olds...but I am guessing your a bit far away. lol

Your Ameraucanas are beautiful! My girls are senior citizens now and look terrible due to molting. I am on a waiting list for eggs in the spring for some buffs.
oh Thank you. Just so you know I will have Buffs and Cesar Villegas has Buffs. We are both here in Tucson and our Birds some from Frozen Acres Farm (for the Buffs). I love my AM and I plan to raise as many varieties as I possibly can and to bring the White and Silver to AZ.

X3 !!! I am not a great housekeeper, I would rather be with the animals.

oh Thank you. Just so you know I will have Buffs and Cesar Villegas has Buffs. We are both here in Tucson and our Birds some from Frozen Acres Farm (for the Buffs). I love my AM and I plan to raise as many varieties as I possibly can and to bring the White and Silver to AZ. 

X3 !!! I am not a great housekeeper, I would rather be with the animals. 

I'm on the waiting list from Frozen Acres! Those buffs are drop dead gorgeous. She told me she sold to someone in AZ. In addition to those I'm also getting Chocolate Cuckoo Orps from Heritage Orpingtons.

You don't have them in the incubator? If not, they probably aren't viable anymore. Is your little bantam still sitting on the others?

Yes she's still laying on them. Every night I feed her a little bit by her nest as she will never leave it on her own to eat. I found that if I put it close to her she will eat. Are chickens all good hatchets or do some not know how to turn the eggs and stuff? I'm guessing that the eggs are progressing but don't know how to tell. Just wait and see I guess? How long will it take her to hatch them? Eggcited over here in case you couldn't tell.

Back
Top Bottom