Arizona Chickens

Yeah, mine love lizards...and toads. I'm not thrilled with them eating toads because too many of them out here our poisonous, but there was no way my hens were letting me take it away. And they can entertain me for hours chasing those huge, iridescent flying beetles around. Have you ever seen two chickens chest bump? LOL!

Yes, we also have those poison toads over here. You can usually find them after a rain especially during the monsoon. They usually come out like that for a couple of months, then they go back to wherever their hole is. So, chickens eat those thing's, too? I know that those toads will make dogs sick if they lick them, or can die if they eat them.

Yes, my chicks that were born on New Years Day sometimes chest bump each other. The other day I sort of had a hen fight. One hen was in the nesting box, and another one wanted in and tried crawling under the first one. The first hen started pecking at the second one.

Quote: Mine do that! They tear up those june beetles and cicadas during the summer.

It is expecially cute/funny when I hold a piece of lettuce, or an apple above their heads.

they dont like when their fruit gets dirty, and a few of my birds are just a little over weight (Okay one is alot over weight, she is twice as heavy as my standard polish hen XD) so I like to make them jump for their treats.

Quote:
One hen was in the nesting box, and another one wanted in and tried crawling under the first one. The first hen started pecking at the second one.

Lol mine just scream and squawk at eachother.

I made them 6 nest boxes. 6!!

and they all want to lay in the same one on the end.

what a waste of 30 degree angle measurements!

Alright, I can finally update everyone now that all the papers are signed! I'm officially moving to Cave Creek! I can't wait. I loved everything about the area and the town. It's just so beautiful and I can't believe how smoothly everything worked out. The practice should have some awesome opportunities for me and I can't wait to go hiking and enjoy the beautiful weather! If anyone is closer to that area, let me know! I would love to have some friends to meet up with once I get out there in J
water for you and the dog...
but in addition: Dog boots,
if you can't put your foot on the ground... don't let the dog walk on it..
No one warned us when we moved out here. and we burned the pads off our dog

Lol mine just scream and squawk at eachother.

I made them 6 nest boxes. 6!!

and they all want to lay in the same one on the end.

what a waste of 30 degree angle measurements!

Six? Oh sweetie, I've definitely got you beat there. I have 21 nesting boxes....and typically find all of the eggs in four of them and UNDER one of them. *Sigh* Silly birds.

My latest hatch is completely and I now have a lovely rainbow of NN chicklets to amuse and entertain me.
smile.png

water for you and the dog... 
but in addition: Dog boots,
if you can't put your foot on the ground... don't let the dog walk on it..
No one warned us when we moved out here. and we burned the pads off our dog

Boots are a good idea! I have some winter boots that maybe I will keep for her. The plan is that we probably wont do much during the summer but during the cooler months I would like to do a lot outside. I will be sure to keep that and water in mind!

I was actually in Glendale when I was down there! I was actually traveling all over Phoenix and Prescott for job interviews. I'm glad the interviewing process is over though! I can't wait to take advantage of all that Phoenix has to offer!

I love the NN chicks. That was one of my favorite breeds that I kept.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom