Arizona Chickens

Btw it was lovely to meet you in person, Bluebaby. I think that was the first time I have ever met in person someone I have only "known" online. I was happy to meet you and you are very kind. ❤️ We had some of the eggs from your hens for breakfast this morning and they were delicious!
Nice to meet you also. Take good care of the babies, and watch them grow. Have you tried doing that wet feed yet?

Like I said, it's been hectic around here with only me doing everything, and thing's have been falling behind. I tried not to have the chicks make too much noise when I grabbed them for you. Hubby was still sleeping in his easy chair.

They have organic starter mash mixed with some mashed peas and they are eating it up. I hope your husband is feeling better today. It's hard to sleep in a chair, it's like sleeping in an airplane seat. With a reclining chair he can at least lean back and put his feet up, that should help a little bit.

I liked the idea of a heating pad arch for the chicks but my roommate liked the brooder plate with the feathers around it and she was willing to buy it so we went with that one. The chicks LOVE it. They spend a lot of time under it even though it's relatively warm here right now (almost 80F). I think they just intuitively feel safe there.

They are so cute when they poke their little heads out from between the feathers. They come out and eat and drink and stretch their wings and spend some time in the sun, then they go back under the feathers, just like they would with a momma hen.

They have organic starter mash mixed with some mashed peas and they are eating it up. I hope your husband is feeling better today. It's hard to sleep in a chair, it's like sleeping in an airplane seat. With a reclining chair he can at least lean back and put his feet up, that should help a little bit.

I liked the idea of a heating pad arch for the chicks but my roommate liked the brooder plate with the feathers around it and she was willing to buy it so we went with that one. The chicks LOVE it. They spend a lot of time under it even though it's relatively warm here right now (almost 80F). I think they just intuitively feel safe there.

They are so cute when they poke their little heads out from between the feathers. They come out and eat and drink and stretch their wings and spend some time in the sun, then they go back under the feathers, just like they would with a momma hen.
He's still not sleeping well even in the easy chair, so now he's thinking of getting one of those foam filled water beds.

Yes, because it's someplace where they can run to hide in too.

They're flying, too. They fly up to the top of the brooder plate and onto the tops of roosts and other things we put in the brooder with them. I thought they were just jumping up, but they're stretching their wings and flying up to them.
Strong little buggers already, huh?

Back
Top Bottom