Arizona Chickens

My hubby went in for his first checkup after his back surgery yesterday. He's still sleeping in the easy chair though, because he said that he can't get comfortable sleeping in the bed and causes pain. I can't see him having to sleep in the easy chair for the rest of his life?

My flock is still doing well, and I have egg's about coming out of my ears again. Those girl's have been busy. These chick's that hatched on March 7th are doing well and growing. They sure do love that wet chick feed.
Sorry to hear your hubby's having a rough spell. Hope he heals well ❤️‍🩹

Our dirt is the typical Sonoran desert sand. We scattered it around inside the brooder so they can peck at it. They also have time on the ground outside the brooder. Do we need to buy chick grit in addition to that?
I would. Sand is not grit and they need it to help grind the food in their crops.

Our sweet girl Cindy is broody again. She is a silver laced Old English Orpington. However, the eggs are a mix of possible; polish, bantam coaching, polish bantam coaching cross, polish-ameraucana/cross, bantam cochin-ameraucana/cross and pure silkie.

This is her 4th or 5th flock she will be raising (too much work trying to break her)
These fertile eggs came from Christi Cifelli flock. There are a few blue🥚eggs in with her 🪺, They will all have to go to a new home when they are about 3 weeks old.
If you're interested in receiving them, comment below with a photo of your predator proof area for them. Posted in other social media. One person will be picked for all of the
20240323_174935.jpg
chicks.
🐥
The "city farm" homestead headquarters #2
Off Power/Brown Road

At what age do y'all feed your chickens kitchen scraps? The chicks are two weeks old and they're eating very well. I know it's important for them to have balanced nutrition right now. I was just thinking of tossing them a few extra bits of green lettuce.
Most of the time for me, a momma hen rases them so she is the boss of that. But I cut up scraps if I want the chick to get some. Small enough for them and toss them away from the larger birds.

Back
Top Bottom