Arizona Chickens

Everyone, you are all invited to a craft show bazaar I have a booth in.

The craft bazaar is at Desert Vista Elementary School (in AJ) from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on December 8.

Everyone is invited! Please PM me if you can come, and I'll look for you there! My booth is going to have a cute, little penguin mug sitting on it.

Thanks,
Rezia

Well I am anxiously watching the tracking page for my babies! 20 BCM coming from TX. I just wish they would update that page it's said the same thing since I went to bed last night!

Here is my Ida with her five chicks. There are two browns... one with a white breast, a small light chipmunk and two blondies... I imagine those came from Cloud's eggs. I think the browns came from Rose's eggs and perhaps the light chipmunk came from Ida or Whitney. The only two that I am certain that the roo was frisky with were Cloud and Whitney, and of course, Icelandics are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

I knew my AZ chicken lovers would have some great ideas! I think I'll start on a combination tarps and somewhere more enclosed for them to sleep. They get lots of Alfalfa to play in, and always the weed and tree trimmings to dig around in.
Right now they all sleep in the crates on the floor. It's the most open part of the whole coop and it just seems like a weird place for them to want to sleep! If I give them a cozier place to sleep like you all suggested, will they go in there on their own if it gets too cold? I just don't want them to be stubborn and freeze over by the crates.

Thought I would toss in a couple pix of my Serama pair coming home from school with me today. Everyone loves playing with my chickens, but they love the teeny tiny cart-ability of the serama haha.

Belle also got a new diaper today. I really like the buttons, make putting it on and taking it off so much easier on her.

I think, for best fertile egg production, it's 8 hens to a roo? I'm not sure. Might want to ask an expert on that...
hide.gif

I've been making jewelry like mad for my craft bazaar on Saturday. Again, you're all invited! It's at Desert Vista Elementary School in AJ. (The school is on E Broadway Ave...) The craft bazaar is at 9 in the morning. Hope to see you there!
wee.gif

Did you see the pictures of my little Seramas I hatched? Nurseshelly had some to?
I have about 30 babies left after finding homes for 6 today ... baby Seramas coming out my ears!!!! All Novebmer I got 100% hatches every time. Usually it's more like 40 - 60% or so. We are turning off the big incubator for a while, but I have a broody on 3 more that will hatch soon and another broody on 5 that might hatch in a few weeks. Then I need a break from chicks for a few months!!!
I will have to go back and look for your pictures :)

Back
Top Bottom