Arizona Chickens

@K9Dave this pic is just for you....

Last edited:
LOL! Started some bacon on the stove, then went out to the run to check for fresh cackleberries to go with it. Ended up filling some waterers, cleaning feathers off the fan, then sat down to socialize with the chooks. The smell of bacon wafting thru the open window sent me running back inside, though!

Last edited:
Cats, dogs, coyotes, bobcats, oh my!

Tractor Supply, freeway frontage road (west side) just north of Ina.
Fence controller, $49
200' aluminum wire, $12 per spool
Isolators, about $10 a bag, depending on type.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I hear yay on the cats dogs coyote and bobcats. I had a Bobcat kill 3 of mine last summer and something took off with my silver laced wyandotte yesterday. Chickens are in lock down til I can get the perimeter fence more secure. They are not happy. Hard to look at such grumpy faced hens.

@K9Dave this pic is just for you....

I raised halter/pleasure AQHA horses for 20 years. I'm not able to ride and I'm in college so finances are tight. We just rent a little acre plus place in Picture Rocks. I have 2 nice mares that are my great great grand children out of my favorites. They are just pets but I really have baby fever so hopefully I can breed them next spring.

An EGG was in the nest box!!!! AN EGG!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
Our very first good little brown egg.
ya.gif
WOWEE! So eggcited when I opened the lid and there it was. Never ever had chickens before, so this is a big deal here.
love.gif
wee.gif

The girls are 21 weeks old today. No more store-bought eggs pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom