Arizona Chickens

I candled the eggs tonight, lockdown is tomorrow morning. tossed 2 obvious clears, the rest have good air cells and are so dark inside, I can't tell what's going on in them. I "think" I saw movement in some, but with juggling the flashlight and egg and the dark shells and looking through the bifocals.....who knows if I saw movement or not.
hu.gif
The remaining 23 go to lockdown and I keep my fingers crossed.
fl.gif

I candled the eggs tonight, lockdown is tomorrow morning. tossed 2 obvious clears, the rest have good air cells and are so dark inside, I can't tell what's going on in them. I "think" I saw movement in some, but with juggling the flashlight and egg and the dark shells and looking through the bifocals.....who knows if I saw movement or not.
hu.gif
The remaining 23 go to lockdown and I keep my fingers crossed.
fl.gif
I am excited and nervous with you on this fingers crossed
fl.gif
and hoping for a good hatch for you.

I have 6 coming tomorrow and another 8 about mid April and yes it is a fair price to be sure

Please keep us posted on your hatch! I've been admiring these birds for a while but simply can't justify that much of a financial investment. Are you planning to eat that black meat? I'm curious if they taste any different from 'standard' chicken meat. I'd LOVE to hear about your experiences with the birds...a review of their personalities as well as their productivity. Absolutely gorgeous chickens!

Please keep us posted on your hatch! I've been admiring these birds for a while but simply can't justify that much of a financial investment. Are you planning to eat that black meat? I'm curious if they taste any different from 'standard' chicken meat. I'd LOVE to hear about your experiences with the birds...a review of their personalities as well as their productivity. Absolutely gorgeous chickens!
Oh no too expensive to eat them. They will be strictly for breeding. The breeder I bought the eggs from sent me a total of nine they will go in the bator in the morning after they sit and settle for a day. I am hoping for a good hatch rate, but even then not all will be good enough for my breeding stock. They can come out with touches of white or red and if they do they will be sold at a discounted price. Only the solid black will be kept for my breeding program. I am a bit nervous because it is a big investment. I will post candling results in 18 days and then hatch results with photos. They are going in the bator with 10 Isbar, 10 Dark Cornish pure breed and 10 Cornish/Barred Rock Cross.

The Cornish Barred Rock cross will be my meat birds. I will have gold laced and splash Cochin chicks in about two weeks and Isbar chicks about the same time outside of the eggs I will set.

My Fly Ty batams will arrive about mid to end of April I think they will be raised for feathers only.
Will set blue copper maran eggs about mid April still looking for a source on the lavender Marans that don't want an arm and a leg since the Ayam already too both from me. LOL

At 6 weeks old the blind chick is still doing well. It is essentially the same size as its sibling.

The other chick from the same hatch, a New Hampshire, is bigger. These are the two sighted chicks.

More photos of the blind chick.

In the background is the sire rooster and possible hen parent.

Tapioca has mostly weaned the chicks. Tapioca with the chicks when they were younger.

Last edited:
I am excited and nervous with you on this fingers crossed
fl.gif
and hoping for a good hatch for you.

LOCKDOWN!! Humidity at 69% right now....water wells filled......sponges under vent holes so I can soak them for more humidity when I need to. Sooooooooo excited and hoping for a good hatch on Thursday!
celebrate.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif

LOCKDOWN!! Humidity at 69% right now....water wells filled......sponges under vent holes so I can soak them for more humidity when I need to. Sooooooooo excited and hoping for a good hatch on Thursday!
celebrate.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
here is wishing a great hatch to happen will check back thursday to see if anything is happening. My small brooder goes in lockdown Sat Don't you almost feel like a mother hen

Back
Top Bottom