Arizona Chickens

I bet they got the breed mixed up with a different order.. Did you take photos of the egg's?
I do have a photo of the chicks. I will post it here. At least they are making good on the mistake. I told them I was going to turn them into ebay for fraud and got an immediate response. She said she is getting ready for a baby of her own the two legged kind and just got her marbles scrambled. I hope who ever got my chicks appreciates what they got. Or even knows what they got for that matter.
Can't wait to see what you got!!

I do have a photo of the chicks. I will post it here. At least they are making good on the mistake. I told them I was going to turn them into ebay for fraud and got an immediate response. She said she is getting ready for a baby of her own the two legged kind and just got her marbles scrambled. I hope who ever got my chicks appreciates what they got. Or even knows what they got for that matter.

I don't know what they are, but the black one and the grey one are ADORABLE, Not sure where you are located, but if they need a home, I will take them! I am addicted to chickens. I have Blue laced red wyandottes in the bator.

That really sucks. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I cringe every time I buy hatching eggs, hoping they turn out to be what was promised.
th.gif

I bought them from someone on ebay. The good thing is they are replacing them with one or two extra's for free. I will get my replacements next week. But I now have 5 chicks of unknown breed that I am not sure at all that I want to keep. They said there is no way to tell what they are until the feather out since they have 60 breeding paddocks. 'Sigh'
Do they have any idea what they could be? Even with 60 paddocks of eggs they had to have mixed your eggs up with someone else that was expecting ______?

lau.gif

Something is always after our chicken's in one way or another
I just sent a photo to a friend for you.. She had a dude that was similar to your "Dude's" disposition..
fl.gif
Hoping she will want him. He's just too sweet a roo to go into the freezer.

Do they have any idea what they could be? Even with 60 paddocks of eggs they had to have mixed your eggs up with someone else that was expecting ______?

fl.gif
Hoping she will want him. He's just too sweet a roo to go into the freezer.
She said it was just a random mix and until they feather out there is no telling what they are.

Looked into my incubator this morning and noticed something yellow and congealed on one of the Ameracauna eggs....and then freaked out. It hadn't exploded yet, thankfully, but I knew it was close. I pulled the egg, emptied the incubator, disinfected the whole thing (again) and did an early candling of my eggs before putting them back in. All of the Dorking eggs seem to still be developing nicely, but only two of the Ameracauna eggs show any real evidence of developing. Bummer. I pulled three more of those blue eggs that seemed "suspicious". Hopefully I don't lose any of my fertile eggs. The Dorkings are the ones I really, really want a good hatch from.

Oh....and about 30 minutes after I pulled the "infected" egg, it exploded out in the trash can. Right now I'm feeling pretty darn lucky.

Hey everyone! Checking in. The work on the bar is taking up most of my time. I came home early today because my wife said there was an issue with one of the girls.

Wyandotte hen, appx -6-7 month old, laying regularly, eating and drinking and otherwise acting normal, except...
She's walking with her toes curled under on one foot. Both foot pads look good and healthy. She shows no signs of pain. I wrapped it to give some support in case she hurt it, but she's still walking with her toes under. This just started so I'm leaning toward an injury.
Thoughts?

Hey everybody! Doing well here. Working 80hrs a week between my job and getting my bar together. I'm pooped. This also takes away time to spend with my flock. I've started giving them greens everyday, plus some B syrup stuff down the gullet once a day. Now I have 2 Wyandottes who are limping pretty bad. I'm not sure what else to do for them. It's going on the 3rd week. If they don't show improvement soon, I'll cull them. The 3rd has gone broody. I need to break her.
Compared to my first flock, these birds sure are pretty but a lot more finicky. My last flock (Buff Orps, Barred Rocks and RIR) ate anything and everything I gave them. These birds prefer crumble and weeds. Weird. They do love peanuts though.

Hey everybody! Doing well here. Working 80hrs a week between my job and getting my bar together. I'm pooped. This also takes away time to spend with my flock. I've started giving them greens everyday, plus some B syrup stuff down the gullet once a day. Now I have 2 Wyandottes who are limping pretty bad. I'm not sure what else to do for them. It's going on the 3rd week. If they don't show improvement soon, I'll cull them. The 3rd has gone broody. I need to break her.
Compared to my first flock, these birds sure are pretty but a lot more finicky. My last flock (Buff Orps, Barred Rocks and RIR) ate anything and everything I gave them. These birds prefer crumble and weeds. Weird. They do love peanuts though.
Oh I wished you lived closer I would love to get a broody hen. Working in a bar would be fun too

Back
Top Bottom