Arizona Chickens

I have given eggs to neighbors in the past. I don't have much to give right now. 3 hens, ones hasn't laid in months and I'm getting 3 every 2 days out of the other two. Freeloaders.
He didn't come here because of the coop, he was just filling me in on it. If it gets to be an issue, I'm not going to spend time fighting it.
Maybe the 9 sq/ft thing was for non permitted structure.
I think he hit up numerous neighbors today. I saw the guy across the alley working his weed eater on his back yard. I have a feeling he rolled out here for one complaint and nailed everyone while he was here. Probably PO'd that someone took him out of his air conditioned office.

How can they cite you for grass or weeds in the back yard? Can people see in when they walk by? What an invasion of privacy. It shouldn't matter what you do or don't have growing in the back yard. And I like the weeds, the critters eat them.

We had several people on our block get notices for over grown trees, shrubs, weeds and grass. I think it was also one of those deals when they came out and just sent notices for everything they could see.

Nice!  I'd take you up on the offer if we weren't so far from each other.

Beautiful boy!  What a comb!  What is a giant cross?  I don't know that breed.

:thumbsup
lol his father was a white jersey giant and his mother was a white leghorn when I said 'white leghorn/giant cross' I meant that he is a leghorn/jersey giant cross

Last edited:
Been busy already this morning, just started 16 pints of dark chicken meat in the canner, prepping batch #2 now.

UPDATE: first batch is done, in this pic, it is still boiling in the jars!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Hows it going?
I just had an interesting chat with a city code inspector. He was sent to my property to check out a complaint in the alley. Turns out it was further up the alley. Of course, while he was here he checked my property. He told me, "I'm gonna ignore this but" my chickens are illegal. My coop structure is too big (8x16x7 with a slanted roof) only 9sq/ft is allowed, it's too close to the property line (3' off my wall facing the alley) and here's the kicker, a coop cannot be closer than 50' from any property line. Which means my nearly ¼ acre is not legal for chickens. There's nowhere thats 50' from a property line. 

Now, when I built this 3 years ago, I went by the city code which was 50' from any neighbor dwelling and no more than 24 hens, keep it clean. 

Did all of this change in Tucson since then and does anyone have a link to the new code? 

I'm sure you'll be fine.. Can't wait to see your new place.. We "another member & I" were just talking about a road tip there.. Working out the details.. We will have to bring the BYC seed box there and do an seed exchange at your place... What is more fun than having a beer, talking chciken/ garden and swapping seed's???

I'm sure you'll be fine.. Can't wait to see your new place.. We "another member & I" were just talking about a road tip there.. Working out the details.. We will have to bring the BYC seed box there and do an seed exchange at your place... What is more fun than having a beer, talking chciken/ garden and swapping seed's???

Hi!!
Never do business with a friend and his brother on a handshake and his word. I was forced out of the bar and am currently unemployed. It's a bummer of a story and best told over some homebrew. You're welcome to come by mi casa anytime.

Yard and alley are clean.

Back
Top Bottom