Arizona Chickens

I was planning on using deck sealant and putting vinal flooring on the floor. I cant wire from the roof to the fence because the HOA would freak out about seeing if from the road. I had thought about screening the top off but that is VERY expensive and we are in a rental home for another 2 years. Im not overly worried about predators as I have a huge rabbit problem in my yard lol more worried about them getting up and out

oh and here is a pic of the chicks too. I think one of the buffs may be a rooster, I read online that roosters combs come in quicker and one of them has a very defined comb already (much more than the others) lol

The ladies are producing at high gear. I know I picked up 29 eggs this morning, and the DW just called me at work and told me she picked up 21 more this afternoon. With another 30 pullets not yet at POL, I will be cornering the egg market in a few months!
Also just got in a batch of Cornish X chicks this morning, on time and all alive despite the USPS!

Last edited:
Ugh, I'm so excited. Our Queenie is gonna be a Mama on April 16th approximately. So far, she has done really well. I moved her yesterday because the other hens kept climbing all over her and the one time a day she would leave the nest, they'd go in the nest and climb on the eggs. They have broken a few so I wanted her in a safer spot. No issues with moving her because I moved the entire box. One benefit to using plastic storage totes. She is still making happy noises and hasn't moved from her spot on the eggs. We've been hand feeding her and offering her water to make sure she stays in good health. She had been broody a while before I gave her the eggs.

I have 4 tiny moringas popping up their leaves. Yesterday morning there was only one. They really like heat and sunshine. I have them sitting on top of a trampoline in full sun.

oh and here is a pic of the chicks too. I think one of the buffs may be a rooster, I read online that roosters combs come in quicker and one of them has a very defined comb already (much more than the others) lol

If you can get a better picture of the feathering on the wings of both buffs I might be able to tell you if one might be a rooster. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom