Arizona Chickens

I came across 3 baby praying mantis this morning in 3 separate places as well as an egg pod (not sure how old the egg pod was). They were all in areas where the Chinese Elms were. I was trimming and weeding in the greenhouse and in the "Summer" Chicken Run where Roger and his egg layers are. All coops got fresh weeds and Elm branches and were very happy.

I came across 3 baby praying mantis this morning in 3 separate places as well as an egg pod (not sure how old the egg pod was). They were all in areas where the Chinese Elms were. I was trimming and weeding in the greenhouse and in the "Summer" Chicken Run where Roger and his egg layers are. All coops got fresh weeds and Elm branches and were very happy.

Praying Mantis are a good bug. I hope the chicken's don't eat them. They are good for your garden because they will eat other bug's.

How is Roger doing these day's?

Praying Mantis are a good bug. I hope the chicken's don't eat them. They are good for your garden because they will eat other bug's.

How is Roger doing these day's?
Roger and his egg layer are all doing great. I'm just now starting to let the Lazy River flow in their run area. They will be super happy with that soon.

No mantis will be eaten by any chickens! There is so much good stuff for them that they won't notice the mantis up higher in the small Elm trees that lend their shade to the run.

My run is ready for shading, too. Finally finished it this afternoon, and installed an AC unit in the window on one side of the house. The AC unit for the other side of the house will have to wait until tomorrow, LOL.

Last summer there were some praying mantises here too, and several walking sticks. They're interesting looking bugs.

I changed out the pallet's out there by the coop and run this afternoon. Found some of those used plastic pallet's that the Budweiser company uses to put those cases of beer on, so they are good strong heavy duty ones that should be better then those wooden one's. The guy that I bought them from was selling them for $5.00 each and lives right about around the corner from me.

I changed out the pallet's out there by the coop and run this afternoon. Found some of those used plastic pallet's that the Budweiser company uses to put those cases of beer on, so they are good strong heavy duty ones that should be better then those wooden one's. The guy that I bought them from was selling them for $5.00 each and lives right about around the corner from me.
Nice! And plastic could be disinfected if needed between flocks (if you're ever between flocks).

I've started a project I'm calling "The 100 Pot Project" (nothing to do with MJ). Steps include...
1) buying thousands of pots from my neighbor --- DONE
2) start cleaning (and sorting and organizing) thousands of pots/trays/grow bags, by the 100... or maybe 50 per day --- Work In Progress (WIP)
2A) sorted and dry brushed 40 4x4 pots and ~20 gallon pots yesterday... planning to do at least the same today (WIP)
2B) Disinfect before use --- FUTURE

Back
Top Bottom