Arizona Chickens

@CaroleW Did that other broody egg hatch?
Not yet, but I think it is moving still- I noticed it is #8 of the original 8 that I let her sit on so it must be behind the other one by a few days. I don't remember what number I marked on the Friday-midnite-hatched egg (maybe 5?). If it was still under her it would be abandoned by now so good thing I put it in incubator.

Not yet, but I think it is moving still- I noticed it is #8 of the original 8 that I let her sit on so it must be behind the other one by a few days. I don't remember what number I marked on the Friday-midnite-hatched egg (maybe 5?). If it was still under her it would be abandoned by now so good thing I put it in incubator.
2nd broody egg hatched! It looks about the same but seems to already have a comb (that I didn't notice on first one) so we will see if roo or not.

I was at Cal-Ranch today to pick up more Country Companion All-Flock pellets. They were out :eek:and said that they were having some trouble/issue at the factory. They had no idea when (if?) they would be getting more in.

I had to find an alternative. The only one that had the 20% protein (like the Country Companion does) was a Purina flock-raiser. But it was crumbles, not pellets. It was also $28.99 !!!

The employee thought flock-raiser was just another name for all-flock? Is this true? I've been avoiding layer pellets since I have a rooster and provide oyster shell on the side.

I'm leery about using crumbles with my feeder. I hope it won't spill everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom