Arkansas folks speak up.........

Well i am at work and my power is out at home... Ashley (my wife) is at her moms... i have about 50+ chicks under a week old that need heat, about 300 chicken eggs, 150 quail eggs, 30 duck eggs in incubators... and we just got told it might be 3 days before our power comes back on... i am trying to be thankful that our house made it threw the storms ok and that all out family made it thew ok... but all i keep thinking about is all the baby chicks that will pro die and the eggs that wont hatch :((

What's the latest news? Did you get power back?

Thank you for the suggestions. I found some articles about the change in Fayetteville, dating from 2008 and people talking about the "smell" and the risk for avian flu, etc. Crazy!!! We are looking for something in the rural areas, so I hope nobody will care about our coop and our girls...

Actually does anyone have a source for a ready-made coop in the area? We can't carry our own and we will need to drive the grils for about 10 hours in crates and have something to release them in when we arrive so I think we will have to buy a coop. Lookign for the garden-shed type with a run attached or without the run...

I have 1 bcm out of the shell already, and another pip! I can't wait for the surprise when we get home from the CARTI Rajun Cajun crawfish boil tonight.

Thank you for the suggestions. I found some articles about the change in Fayetteville, dating from 2008 and people talking about the "smell" and the risk for avian flu, etc. Crazy!!! We are looking for something in the rural areas, so I hope nobody will care about our coop and our girls...

Actually does anyone have a source for a ready-made coop in the area? We can't carry our own and we will need to drive the grils for about 10 hours in crates and have something to release them in when we arrive so I think we will have to buy a coop. Lookign for the garden-shed type with a run attached or without the run...

There are so many rural areas to live in around here that as long as you aren't going to live in any of the city limits or in a neighborhood with a POA you should be fine. As far as pre-built coops, I see them on craigslist often, everything from homemade to dealers advertising. I know there are lots of places around that sell new sheds and coops. We have looked at a place in Springdale called TDS portable buildings. It was a pricey coop/run ($2195) but very nice and they also had wood sheds and I've seen other places in NWA that sell them as well. Good luck and welcome to the area!

How many chickens do you have?

I have 1 bcm out of the shell already, and another pip! I can't wait for the surprise when we get home from the CARTI Rajun Cajun crawfish boil tonight.
Woke up this morning to another BCM in the bator, Got 2 peepers running around now, with 2 that have just started. Maybe I'll have 4 when I get home this evening.

Back
Top Bottom