Arkansas folks speak up.........

Well since you have them. I was debating whether to get a drake or not. I am only wanting two ducks and possibly a drake. I heard the drakes aren't overly aggressive on this breed. What else do you raise?

Anyone know if you need a special permit or anything to raise courtnix quails in arkansas. I think you need one for bobwhites but courtnix' are considered poultry so I was wondering if you would for them.

Well since you have them. I was debating whether to get a drake or not. I am only wanting two ducks and possibly a drake. I heard the drakes aren't overly aggressive on this breed. What else do you raise? 
. I have a drake and a duck the drake is very friendly neither of them have any interest in flying they are fairly quiet and love their water I think what I like best is males look like fat mallards and females look like small geese :) and the woman in Beebe sales them 20 for the pair mine looked a bit rough at first but after they had a pool to play in and bathe they look beautiful I plan on taking some pics tmrw I've had them about a week and half now

let's see I have a breeding pair of nz rabbits I breed cockatiels hatch chicken eggs I have silkies polish EEs silver Phoenix mixes Banty and mixed barnyard chickens

You will have competition for the ducks. I know there is a lady there that sells that type of duck. I was wondering if you have to rent a booth though because this past weekend the animals were just sold out of trucks off to the side. 

I might sell at Beebe in a year once I get my animals and get them going =)
what kind of animals do you have?

Just went out to feed ducks and bust up ice from top of their pool and of coarse they are inthe yard while sleeting preening like its nothing wish I had their coats lol cause 15 min and I was ready for heat

I'm thinking I will have rabbits nz and maybe chinchilla, then ducks and a drake, and pigeons and quail. Apparantly using pigeons to hatch quail works well =) that will eliminate my need for a incubator... although I will probably pay someone or split eggs to get my initial quail incubated and out just because I would hate to buy hatching eggs then the pigeons not go broody for a while!

I only have two dogs right now though. I do have two rabbit cages since I'm getting ready for rabbits, they will probably be my first homestead animal. Then after we get back from our honeymoon I will add in the ducks and quail and pigeon. I can't get anything until probably around next month though because we are closing on our house the 20th so I want to be moved in before adding in =)

What part of arkansas are you in?

I only have two dogs right now though. I do have two rabbit cages since I'm getting ready for rabbits, they will probably be my first homestead animal. Then after we get back from our honeymoon I will add in the ducks and quail and pigeon. I can't get anything until probably around next month though because we are closing on our house the 20th so I want to be moved in before adding in =)

What part of arkansas are you in?
I'm in northeast ar batesville area to be exact and I've thought about pigeons but not much of a market up here for them :-/ and the broody thing is something I don't worry about I have a lg forced air incubator and love it so far! Plus before this year only birds I've had was my cockatiels and they don't go broody ya put up a nesting box and like clock work mine lay eggs and both male and females incubate I for want to start breeding sun conures my brother wants me to get into goats with him but I dislike goats lol they are just kinda creepy to me

Back
Top Bottom