Arkansas folks speak up.........

It's just called the Beebe Flea Market. Just show up and start selling, and a lady on a golf cart will come around and collect the sellers dues. $3.00 I think it is.

How do I do that? I dnt know a vet that does that around here? Does everyone do that...it only means that they are negative at the time of testing right. Should the ones I buy be tested?

I have been to the Beebe flea market MANY times buying and selling and no one had ever asked if my birds were tested or for any money. So I truely think it's a 50/50 shot if you will be asked. But it is better to be safe than sorry because I heard you could get fined. I don't want to steer you wrong but honestly most have not tested thier birds. So you do want to keep them seperate from your other flock for a while. Beebe is a ton of fun because there is so much stuff for sale!

Well I have been hatching plenty. If you don't find any hollar at me in a month or so and you can come choose a couple for your daughter.
Thank you Rooster! I will probably keep you in mind! She so wants Silkies..I'm sure I can find her something to keep her happy while selling her roos. Ok, I will get mine tested but I know they are healthy. I know it's a risk to get from someone that I don't know, but I do plan on keeping the newbies seperate for quite awhile, I know we will have to go through intros, etc again. I'm just glad she understands she is doing the right thing in scaling down roos and getting more hens. She is so excited! She really loves her chickies...I truly have a good lil farmer on my hands!! It's so much fun to watch her grow and learn with them. Warms my heart..

Another question how do you sell hatching eggs...i mean what do you do with the eggs after i collect them. I know that the hen lays on them or put them in an incubator, but what do you do if you don't have neither. I know her eggs are fertile...just thought it would be fun to sell some fertile eggs..thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I love selling hatching eggs. I think everyone has a different method but it all equals out the same. I keep it simple LOL This summer I had 3 breeds laying. So I put 4 of the one dozen egg cartons on my counter. Each one labled. I collect my eggs for 3 days and each day put in the appropriate carton to not get them mixed up. I put them in order as collected. You do have to turn your eggs 3-4 times a day. So instead of turning each egg I just place something under the carton to raised one side up. Then through out the day I just pick up the whole carton on put the down side to the elevated side. Easy breazy.

Also like my chickens may lay 4-5 eggs a day. Matters which breed and how many hens of that breed. So somedays they will all lay and egg and some day 1 out of 4 may lay an egg for whatever reason. So if I come up short on eggs in a 3 day period I cook the first of three days collection and cook up and feed back to them and I collect for one more day. They always lay after missing a day.

I never want to collect longer than 3 days because you never know how long it will take the PO to get them to you buyer. Even if you ship Priority. We are all at the PO mercy. And also, incase you have not bought eggs, most people wrap eggs individually in bubble wrap. Some people will put them in the carton, place paper towels on top before taping the lid down to keep from jiggling. But always use a medium box for a dozen.

I personally say if you wrapped them as best as possible, then I am okay that the PO broke some. But if I open it and the seller did a crappy job protecting the eggs, I will be upset and say something. Because I paid for the eggs AND SHIPPING. You buyers will love you and keep coming back. Selling eggs are fun. Some people make a lot of money at it. Some people just sell enough to help with feed. It's all just fun. It won't make any rich. That's for sure. Oh unless you are GreenFire Farms. They seem to be doing great. I hope you do sell eggs! Have a great day. Hope I helped.

Oh I love selling hatching eggs. I think everyone has a different method but it all equals out the same. I keep it simple LOL This summer I had 3 breeds laying. So I put 4 of the one dozen egg cartons on my counter. Each one labled. I collect my eggs for 3 days and each day put in the appropriate carton to not get them mixed up. I put them in order as collected. You do have to turn your eggs 3-4 times a day. So instead of turning each egg I just place something under the carton to raised one side up. Then through out the day I just pick up the whole carton on put the down side to the elevated side. Easy breazy.

Also like my chickens may lay 4-5 eggs a day. Matters which breed and how many hens of that breed. So somedays they will all lay and egg and some day 1 out of 4 may lay an egg for whatever reason. So if I come up short on eggs in a 3 day period I cook the first of three days collection and cook up and feed back to them and I collect for one more day. They always lay after missing a day.

I never want to collect longer than 3 days because you never know how long it will take the PO to get them to you buyer. Even if you ship Priority. We are all at the PO mercy. And also, incase you have not bought eggs, most people wrap eggs individually in bubble wrap. Some people will put them in the carton, place paper towels on top before taping the lid down to keep from jiggling. But always use a medium box for a dozen.

I personally say if you wrapped them as best as possible, then I am okay that the PO broke some. But if I open it and the seller did a crappy job protecting the eggs, I will be upset and say something. Because I paid for the eggs AND SHIPPING. You buyers will love you and keep coming back. Selling eggs are fun. Some people make a lot of money at it. Some people just sell enough to help with feed. It's all just fun. It won't make any rich. That's for sure. Oh unless you are GreenFire Farms. They seem to be doing great. I hope you do sell eggs! Have a great day. Hope I helped.
Rooster~so if I collect them no more than 3 days and get them to whomever then they will be fine. If I leave them out at room temp without no extra light and turn them at least 4 times a day they will be fine? What do I do if I don't know who exactly is laying. The majority of the ones laying I know who the eggs belong too, but the newest ones I don't. This is what I was thinking I would collect eggs for a few days and take them with us to the flea market in bebe on saturday.....thanks for the info, big help. I just love learning all these things about our chickies...never knew how interesting they are.
celebrate.gif

Well now that's a biggie. If you are gonna sell eggs you have to be 100% straight up. If they are mixed that's fine you just post a pic of mom and dad and there are plenty of people who love project eggs. They will buy and swap for them. But other wise you will have to seperate the breed of chickens that you will be selling the eggs of. If they are willy nilly with each other now. Seperate them and wait 2 weeks before selling a egg. Any egg laid in those two weeks you can eat or cook up for your chickens. After 2 weeks your pure bred roo will be doing his visiting and you can feel safe to sell them as pure breed.

As far as Beebe goes for this weekend, if you don't know who's visiting with who, you probably can only sell then as eating eggs.

And yes all you have to do is have them on the counter, room temp. But turning is very important. Hoped this helps and ask anytime. If I don't know I am sure someone will chime in. Have a great night.

That is great to know!! I live on Linker. I have all colors of cochins; Frizzles; silkies; sizzles and Seramas. I also have some splash. We will have to visit..

Back
Top Bottom