Arkansas folks speak up.........

I am exhausted!

Left Saturday morning at 3:30 with coops and sale birds. Dropped 3 coops at Loanoke. then headed to Bebee. Sold ALL our birds and enjoyed visiting with many. Bought some girls for our Muscovy drake and another turkey hen.

Then headed to Atkins. Swapped a hutch for some geese!

Then Fayetteville area to get some Lavender/Self Blue Orpingtons.

Gave out at Waldron and we stopped for the night.

About noon today we arrived near Friendship. My son's Boer goat had a "romantic" visit. She is now safely home in her paddock and we are hoping for triplets!

Kids are all in bed and I am playing catch up on the computer!

Looking for Black Copper or Blue Copper Eggs:

Hello I'm looking to swap or trade some of my Welsummer Eggs for some Black Copper or Blue Copper Maran Eggs. I'm not really interested in the Splash Marans so If you have Blues I need them to be Black Copper roo over Blue hens or Blue Copper roo over black hens. You get the idea. Looking for nice dark eggs also to improve my flock. I also need these to be NPIP because I am NPIP.

If you are interested in this or know of someone who would me. Please PM me or reply to this thread.

I am in Ozark, AR

Here is a link to some that I sell if you want to look at my eggs and birds.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/717797/welsummer-hatching-eggs-12-npip-certified

Thanks

There's a FBCM breeder in Oppelo, AR- just south of Morrilton on hwy 9. I have two beautiful FBCM hens, a Barnvelder, Lavender Orphington, and a true Amerucana all from them. I buy laying quality hens and don't have a rooster, because I just want fresh eggs and live In town. But they do sell chicks, show quality birds and hatching eggs. They may even do a special mix of you ask. I just got two Olive Egger pulets from them as well. Hope this helps.
[email protected]
You can tell them that Melissa in Clarksville that just picked up the olive Eggers recommends them :)

Hello I'm looking to swap or trade some of my Welsummer Eggs for some Black Copper or Blue Copper Maran Eggs. I'm not really interested in the Splash Marans so If you have Blues I need them to be Black Copper roo over Blue hens or Blue Copper roo over black hens. You get the idea. Looking for nice dark eggs also to improve my flock. I also need these to be NPIP because I am NPIP.

If you are interested in this or know of someone who would me. Please PM me or reply to this thread.

I am in Ozark, AR

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/717797/welsummer-hatching-eggs-12-npip-certified

Thanks

Has anyone else seen an increase in egg production lately? I have had 3 hens start laying this week in spite of short days and no supplemental lights. I think it's this crazy Arkansas weather. Maybe they think its spring?

I am in Ozark, AR

Thanks
Sorry, don't have any of those breeds but I too am located in Ozark. We'll have to visit more.

Has anyone else seen an increase in egg production lately? I have had 3 hens start laying this week in spite of short days and no supplemental lights. I think it's this crazy Arkansas weather. Maybe they think its spring?
Actually yes. When it started to get cold, I was just getting 3 a day from a dozen hens laying, sometimes less. Now that they've gotten into the swing of things, I'm getting a dozen a day from 18.

Hey good to hear. What all breeds do you own?
We have a mixed flock. Started with 4-H pullet chain a year ago. This spring hatched Mottled Houdans, Salmon Favorelles, Araucana, silkie. Just picked up two bantam cochins a week ago (one is a frizzle) for our lone silkie roo. The big girls don't like him much.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom