Arkansas folks speak up.........

I AM ON CLOUD 9!!!!! I got a message from someone who has a starter flock of Black Australorps!!!!!
celebrate.gif
Not only is he willing to keep them until I get my coop built, but he offered to deliver them and help me get them settled!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOO STOKED!!!!!!
wee.gif

I am still considering getting a pair of Cochins since they are (theoretically) broodier than the Australorps. If I do, I'll have 3 Australorp hens, an Australorp roo and 2 Cochin hens.

Ask and ye shall receive! Thank you JESUS!!!
love.gif

I'm looking forward to moving day like a kid looks forward to Christmas!! WHOOO--HOOOO!!!!!
lol.png
woot.gif

I AM ON CLOUD 9!!!!! I got a message from someone who has a starter flock of Black Australorps!!!!!
celebrate.gif
Not only is he willing to keep them until I get my coop built, but he offered to deliver them and help me get them settled!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOO STOKED!!!!!!
wee.gif

I am still considering getting a pair of Cochins since they are (theoretically) broodier than the Australorps. If I do, I'll have 3 Australorp hens, an Australorp roo and 2 Cochin hens.

Ask and ye shall receive! Thank you JESUS!!!
love.gif

I'm looking forward to moving day like a kid looks forward to Christmas!! WHOOO--HOOOO!!!!!
lol.png
woot.gif
sounds wonderful! this is so cool, i've had similar luck. my daughter wants silkies more than she can imagine, so i have a lady a few hrs from me that is raising them till april when we can pick them up. i mean what good people we have found. CONGRATS!!

sounds wonderful! this is so cool, i've had similar luck. my daughter wants silkies more than she can imagine, so i have a lady a few hrs from me that is raising them till april when we can pick them up. i mean what good people we have found. CONGRATS!!
Congratulations to you as well! Silkies are too cute. I saw one a couple of weeks ago at the chicken swap and he's going to be my farm mascot. He looks like a poodle. Too cute.

I am happy that y'all were able to find your desired flock as well. And you are right the people here are awesome.

I feel so blessed, I got a total of six eggs today. Up from yesterday (1).
Maybe they are getting over this cold spell and decided they need to lay.

I feel so blessed, I got a total of six eggs today.  Up from yesterday (1).
Maybe they are getting over this cold spell and decided they need to lay.

Maybe the air around here. In the last week my daily eggs almost doubled. Also in the last two weeks two hens went broody
So somethin is goin on!

Last edited:
We're still getting an average of 6 a day. Before the cold hit we were getting about 15 a day. I hope some of your luck rubs off on me soon! I can't keep up with my customers' demand lol

I know what u mean!! Not getting an average of 9 eggs a day puts the hurt on me. But our lil flock is keeping us rolling so far, but I am going to expand our horizons this spring. Loving the farm life!!!

Back
Top Bottom