Arkansas folks speak up.........

Hunt anytime is fine however many you can spare. Just let me know how much. Ive got a pure bcm roo been thinking of getting him some girls. He's been with my ees this whole time. As extras some ppl have sent extras from the swaps. I sure hope they develop...I just love their egg color. If you are turkey hunting should come to Bethesda -plenty around here.

Thanks again hunt!!

I have 12 LF SLW's hatched from my Foley chicks I bought last year. I was planning on getting shipping boxes but they wanted to charge $27 for shipping! So...if anyone in Arkansas wants some great quality SLW chicks please let me know. Here is some pics of the parents. I would really rather not ship them at this point! Thanks! If anyone knows of a place to get shipping boxes that doesn't charge an arm and a leg to ship them to you, please let me know! Happy hatching!

They are very beautiful. I wish I had my coop & pen ready.

Hunt-yes I would love that! When do u think you will be coming thru. Wihat other kinds of birds do have, I have a whole gaggle yard full. Yes I just loved those birds. Sweet, interested in everything you were doing. Now I'm on the hunt for new birds..would just fall over if I could find a mating pair. But I am not holding my breath.....thanks everyone for your condolences.

I think that Roslyn Pickens in Danville, AR, might have a pair of Sebbies. She did a few weeks ago. Here is her contact info on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/luckypickens?ref=ts&fref=ts

I went to the spring livestock show at Little Rock this past weekend just to see what it is like. I would like to get into showing chickens and I've never paid much attention at the county fair. I have always enjoyed looking at the livestock but have never really looked with a critical eye. There were some beautiful birds there. I didn't see any dominiques or javas and I have both. Is it an advantage or disadvantage or neither to show birds that aren't popular in your area? I'm still trying to figure out what my favorites are but dominiques are at the top of the list so far.

I went to the spring livestock show at Little Rock this past weekend just to see what it is like.  I would like to get into showing chickens and I've never paid much attention at the county fair.  I have always enjoyed looking at the livestock but have never really looked with a critical eye.  There were some beautiful birds there.  I didn't see any dominiques or javas and I have both.  Is it an advantage or disadvantage or neither to show birds that aren't popular in your area?  I'm still trying to figure out what my favorites are but dominiques are at the top of the list so far.

I am looking to do the same thing, I have some Dominique's, Silkies and a Polish.
I have what looks a Dominique chick that will be a rooster and being we aren't looking to breed them, we will have to find him a new home.

I am looking to do the same thing, I have some Dominique's, Silkies and a Polish.
I have what looks a Dominique chick that will be a rooster and being we aren't looking to breed them, we will have to find him a new home.
I only have 3 dominiques right now and I thought I had 2 pullets and a cockerel. I was judging by the color of the legs and the head spot. They are only 2 1/2 weeks old so I am still crossing my fingers. I doubt they will be worth breeding but I am enjoying them. I had to google Almyra to see where it is. The only time I go east past Little Rock is when we go on vacation. I'm about an hour west of Little Rock or I would take your dominique. I have some silkies too that I bought from TSC for my kids.

I have gold laced polish but the chicks will be mixed. Ive got to find a roo then i can get a pure pen set up. I will have chicks this week, week after mothers day then at least every week all summer long.

I only have 3 dominiques right now and I thought I had 2 pullets and a cockerel.  I was judging by the color of the legs and the head spot.  They are only 2 1/2 weeks old so I am still crossing my fingers.  I doubt they will be worth breeding but I am enjoying them.  I had to google Almyra to see where it is.  The only time I go east past Little Rock is when we go on vacation.  I'm about an hour west of Little Rock or I would take your dominique.  I have some silkies too that I bought from TSC for my kids. 

TSC? I work in LR. Also we travel to Hot Springs pretty often, the next time we head that way, if we still have him if will let you know.

Back
Top Bottom