Arkansas folks speak up.........

Hi everyone
We are new to this incubation eggs and right now we have 3 peafowl eggs, 3 royal blum turkey eggs and 12 malard duck eggs in the incubator it has been running at 100 F pretty much constant except when we turn the eggs. it is a still air incubator. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

My little Glory chick that we hatched in the incubator we took the eggs from the mother because the eggs were getting broke and the chicks were getting killed out of four eggs Glory is the only one we got to hatch

howdy all! i've got 13 brand new babies in the tub this morning, i've also got 2 slw's, and 6 polish chicks, 6 chicks we hatched a few weeks ago all outside in their brand new pens. my silkies are in their new house we built yesterday as well. today's project is to make the new playpen for the layers out back of the coop. our last one was destroyed by the winds and storms last month. i am still cleaning up the storm damage and trying to replace all the birds we lost. i don't think we are going to replace all the breeds we lost, but concentrate on the ones that we were left with.

my hand is on the mend as well, i probably will have some nerve damage in the long run but my hand is functional so i'm not to worried about it right now. i will probably come to regret this decision later in life. but can't worry about it to much...i'm going to be very busy this month, i've got more hatchings coming on, but most of these will be sold, i don't need anymore babies right now. so if you all need some new chickies, ducks, and maybe turkeys let me know...

someone asked about incubation...here's my 2 cents worth. for the 1st 18 days i keep the temp at 100 the best i can, turn at least 3x a day, keep the humidity around 30%. i use a seperate incubator as my hatcher, i up the humidity to around 70, and keep the temp at 100, i don't put the eggs in the hatcher till day 21. at day 18 i stop turning the eggs, keeping the fat end of the egg up so the chicks flip around to the right end of the egg. my methods have worked for me wonderfully but there are lots of great ways to do it, so keep really good notes on your methods, then when you get ready to do more incabations you can see what pattern works best for you.

Good luck to all the hatchers and hatchees!

Back
Top Bottom