Arkansas folks speak up.........

Hope everyone is safe and sound. It got really windy here but no damage and we still have our electricity. Praying for all those families in Oklahoma. It is just breaks my heart
hit.gif
I know those OK folks are tough and will bounce back in time. Believe it or not I have chickens in the sort facility in Oklahoma City hopefully they will be on there way soon.

Debbie

We are still alive up here got hit pretty hard but were blessed our home wasnt damaged , we lost one 40 foot section of our breeder pens and lots of big trees down but manage to find all the birds and get them safe, Chicken Coach is coming over today and we are going to try and flip the pen back over and drag it back where it was, wish us luck.

Sorry you got that damage. Clean-up and repair is a pain but I’m glad you and yours were not hurt.

I was lucky. I measured three inches of rain but no wind damage. No trees, no nothing. The private road didn’t even wash that bad.

ark81
how much are you asking for your pea babies? we have 3 eggs in the machine but just in case i would like to try to have back up also will need to know where you live ? we live in Mena.

Been a rough week for my chickens... We lost 2 6 week old chicks to gnats on Thursday, a lavender Orpington and a silkie. Today while my wife was cleaning out the brooder, she put our last 2 chicks inside a cage in the chicken run which usually is no big deal, but when she came out this evening to bring them in, they were gone, the cage was still locked. I figure a snake got them. I know that I am going to have a sad 6 year old daughter when she gets back from her grandparents Sunday afternoon...

have you tried moth balls? snakes do not like the smell and avoid them.

AR Chick,
I don't have any pea chicks right now. They just only started laying. I always check fertility right now. I usually take $15.00 a chick unless you buy 6+ at a time. Peas are very hard to get started and to keep alive. I sell eggs too but not just yet. I am checking fertility right now so I should have a pretty good idea in a few weeks.

There is a guy that lives in Cabot area that has almost every color of peas. He sells eggs and chicks, even has several grown pairs he sells. If you would like his info I have his permission to forward to anybody that would like it. If you will please pm me and I will be more than happy to pass it along.

I live in Batesville. I know there is another lady that is between mt home and Missouri bootheel that sells them too. Good luck on your eggs!

We ddnt get anything but wet this time around! Went out this morning and everyone is good, pens are a little wet but not to bad. the nice weather will dry it out very quickly. Ive been thinking of everyone that was hit very hard these last few days. I just hope that the nasty stuff is behind us all for the rest of the summer.

this rain has been wonderful for my garden...my daughter's roses are huge!!!!!!!!! i'm so amazed how everything is looking so green, and lush. hope everyone wakes to a much better day today!

We are still alive up here got hit pretty hard but were blessed our home wasnt damaged , we lost one 40 foot section of our breeder pens and lots of big trees down but manage to find all the birds and get them safe, Chicken Coach is coming over today and we are going to try and flip the pen back over and drag it back where it was, wish us luck.
Oh sorry to hear about the breeder pens but at least you found all the birds. I was out in my rain coat trying to round up the few that looked like wet rats\. We did have a few trees fall but none that did any damage. Good luck!

Yes the rain is really helping my tomatoes - love me some vine ripe tomatoes!

Debbie

We had a baby Guinea hatch the yesterday and it has a crook in his neck and it's feet are crooked it drank a little water this morning but hasn't eaten anything yet. Anything we can do for it. any suggestion's

Back
Top Bottom