Arkansas folks speak up.........

BIG PROBLEM: Last night 3 of my Texas A&M quail got out and I need to know if the G&F could cite me for it or give me a ticket or something. I promise I didnt purposefully release these quail. Are there laws against releasing quail in Arkansas. Little escape artists, i am officially done with quail. gosh! I will stick to ducks and chickens!

I don't think you would have to worry about it. The chance of a released quail surviving in the wild is basically zero. They don't have the skills needed to survive in the wild, find water and food and escape from predators.

Anyone from or near Searcy, AR in here? About to restart my flock and I'd like to take stock of people I might buy from around here.

Anyone from or near Searcy, AR in here? About to restart my flock and I'd like to take stock of people I might buy from around here.
hi raccoon! I am right outside of Batesville about 45 minutes from you. I have MANY pure breed layers, fancy breeds, bantams, turkeys, guineas. I am taking orders now, pm me and let me know what you are looking for.

welcome-byc.gif
. Mixed layer flock, but have chicks for sale.

Welcome Racoons!!! Greers Ferry here. We are a Heinz 57 breeder here. But there is a gentleman in Heber that has purebreeds and some Quail. If you need his number just let me know and I will PM you it. We got all of our chicks from the Co-Ops and had a great success rate. Any idea on which breeds you would like to start with?

Welcome Racoons!!! Greers Ferry here. We are a Heinz 57 breeder here. But there is a gentleman in Heber that has purebreeds and some Quail. If you need his number just let me know and I will PM you it. We got all of our chicks from the Co-Ops and had a great success rate. Any idea on which breeds you would like to start with?
Yeah. I'm doing a free range flock so I'm going with all heritage breeds. My layers will be Rhode Island Reds and Barred Rocks. Then I'm getting some brood hens, Silkies (Partridge or White) and Old English Game. I've recently gotten interested in Samaras and there are several people in the state who sell them so I'll probably hatch them with one of those broody hens. I'm going to try and get ahold of some Nankins to help preserve the breed. Then, for eye candy, I'll get Polish, White Face Black Spanish, maybe some Frizzles. And the list goes on and on.

sounds like some great breeds. I have a spangled old english game bantam rooster, Black cochin bantams, Japanese pheonix bantams, New Hampshire reds, One production red, One Buff Orpinton, one barred rock, and some Easter egger bantams. Sounds like you will have a wonderful flock. Mine are only free range at night when we are working in the garden.

Back
Top Bottom