Arkansas folks speak up.........

only rain here in the south.  it is still 50f, but temp is dropping

Ditto on rain in the river valley. We are in a break right now and the temp is dropping. I went out to feed the llamas whle there was a break in the rain and let he chicks free rang for a bit, and a bit was all I could handle! Moist cold is no fun. I want to borrow my llamas coats!;)

Well, I went to Rison to a chicken show today. Enjoyed the outing. Didn't find any bargains to bring home though. Would have loved to bring home some of those White Marans eggs though. The man didn't want to sell them though. Got home and decided to take pictures of my Naked Neck rooster. Here he is: He was a little nervous, he doesn't get handled too much. As far as Naked necks go he's pretty. I just can't seem to "love" the breed. His colors remind me of a Salon Fav (minus the beard;)
)

We are having a strange combination of sleet, snow, hail, thunder and lightning. Very strange weather.
Same story here, minus the hail. Strange that we had very similar weather on February 2 as well. I got stuck twice that day.

And just like a month ago, my chickens are huddled up under the front porch, so I'll have to shovel a path to the coop just before dark. They won't set foot in fresh sleet or snow. The sleet is really coming down, but that's way better than freezing rain. It's supposed to switch to all snow tonight and go down to 9 degrees. The fun never stops...

Last edited:
Hi Where in Arkansas are you? My daughter is stationed at the Airforce base in Little Rock.  Guess I need to call her.  she loves our chickens.  Can't wait until she can bring my grandson to see them.  Take care, be safe

We are closer to Fort Smith but I think most of the mid to nort part of the state is getting it. Just got a call from our school and looks like the kids are out tomorrow.

ray I just checked my welsh harlequin eggs and 10 are developing im a little worried about the weather I have three incubators but they all run on12volts so I have the batteries charging just in case the electric goes out. do you know if your white Muscovy are French lines. 
are these your wh eggs of some you purchased??? And no clue about the french part just know the woman I bought them from said they are 4th generation breeding stock she had to try and make a solid white Muscovy on her own

Awesome and I have to say ducklings are the messiest lil critters ever! Going to fix them up a brooder in the coop today because I've been having to change bedding in brooder inside house ever other day I don't see how they manage to get the water from the waterer to splash 2 ft from it but they do!!! Also lost 2 of the small silkies I got from tsc they weren't that healthy looking from the get go but the 3 I have left are doing great

Back
Top Bottom