Arkansas folks speak up.........

Hi, DarthRooster. I'm down to a Black Australorp cockerel & Buff Orpington hen thanks to a hawk, suffocation (bottom of the pile hiding from said hawk), & neighbor dogs. It's been a rough winter them.
1f622.png

Sorry to hear that. I've got 33 assorted heavies in incubator right now. If you want more birds let me know!

I'm in Rogers! We will be looking for a couple of new girls in a couple of weeks (not before, going on business trip). Something big and heavy that does not fly,and that a hawk can't steal easily. Either big cochin, or orpington (not buff, already have two) or anything that size. Can drive an hour or so to get them.

I've been lurking for a while. We're up in the northeast corner of Izard County with five hens — 3 BR, 2 BSL — and one BR rooster named Buster. The girls have been batting 600 and 800 every day lately, which is a big improvement from just 10 days ago.
The ground is finally firming up around here; it's been muddy for weeks. Every time the "permafrost" melts a little, the top 2 inches turns to sloppy mush. It usually firms up again overnight then melts again.
Anyone else experience that? And if so, how did you deal with it?

Hi everyone! I'm new to BYC and am in the process of hatching my first set of chicks (on day 6)

Bentonville :)

I've been lurking for a while. We're up in the northeast corner of Izard County with five hens — 3 BR, 2 BSL — and one BR rooster named Buster. The girls have been batting 600 and 800 every day lately, which is a big improvement from just 10 days ago.
The ground is finally firming up around here; it's been muddy for weeks. Every time the "permafrost" melts a little, the top 2 inches turns to sloppy mush. It usually firms up again overnight then melts again.
Anyone else experience that? And if so, how did you deal with it?

Welcome to the Arkansas Thread and BYC, to the both of you.

I think we just miss Jim. He kept this thread going all by himself, posting, chatting, and setting up get-togethers. It takes a certain personality to do that.

I'm not sure who Jim is, but I miss Ozarkguy and one other one whose username I can't remember... for a while the three of us carried this forum.

Back
Top Bottom