Arkansas folks speak up.........

Bought a couple of Buff Orpingtons last week that were supposed to be pullets. They're probably six or seven weeks old, and it turns out one of 'em's a cockerel. His pecked-off tail should've been the clue, but there had been a lot of pecking where he used to live so I wasn't sure and neither was the seller. The seller said I could swap him out for a bona fide pullet, but I think I'll keep him and add a pullet instead.
Our good ol' BR rooster died two months ago. He'd been having seizures that got worse and worse until he couldn't even stand up any more. Hope the new guy can protect the girls as well as he did, but he's got some growing to do first.

Congrats on your new additions. I had broody wars this spring and gave up a couple times and just let them sit so I have some boys who need to go. Of the last two that hatched, I got one girl, one boy. I kept trying to push the little comb back down on his head and change his gender, but alas, it did not work.
rant.gif

I'm going to order turkens next spring so I can have breeding stock and gave a few broodies. None of the breeds I have are known for being broody at all and I'd like to raise some meaty birds
1f601.png

I'm going to order turkens next spring so I can have breeding stock and gave a few broodies. None of the breeds I have are known for being broody at all and I'd like to raise some meaty birds
1f601.png

Hello,
I have alot of Naked Necks here. I getting ready to set eggs on the 27 th.

I'm new and from the Batesville area. I have a good size flock of chickens with a couple of rescue ducks thrown in the mix :)

Hi Miriahb, and welcome! Batesville is where we go when we need to "go to the big city!" Up here in northeastern Gizzard County we don't have a lotta places to go — 'specially after 5 p.m.!
Our flock consists of 3 Barred Rocks, 2 Black Stars, and 2 Buff Orpington youngsters (one's a boy). I plan to pick up another BO pullet this week.

Hi Miriahb, and welcome! Batesville is where we go when we need to "go to the big city!" Up here in northeastern Gizzard County we don't have a lotta places to go — 'specially after 5 p.m.! 
Our flock consists of 3 Barred Rocks, 2 Black Stars, and 2 Buff Orpington youngsters (one's a boy). I plan to pick up another BO pullet this week.

no, not really! Batesville doesn't have too much either
1f612.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom