Arkansas folks speak up.........

The American Standard of Perfection... It has a ton of information and the descriptions of all the current birds which have been admitted to the standard of perfection.

Quote:
How sad.
sad.png
He looks like a great guy.

What is SOP?

the American Poultry Association Standard Of Perfection

Quote:
I have always heard that the New Zealand White is the best thats what Pelfreeze uses for there production lines. If your friend was close to me I could get some for him. I have seen some really nice ones go for 4 or 5 $

Quote:
i have raised both pure N/Z and Californian and i like a cross of the 2 myself... i can get the crosses and pure N/Z if you want some for your friend... i could even bring them Sat if you want... or to a later meetup...

Quote:
My father did a lot of research on this. Here is what he finally did:

Start with New Zealand Does and a White Flemish Giant buck.

Keep all the NZ/F does and cross them back to a New Zealand buck. The offspring will be a pound or more at butcher age than the pure breds. They would be solid white, which is what Pelfreeze wants.

As for where to get any, I would suggest contacting ARBA and getting a breeders directory. As in anything, always start with quality stock. Exhibition quality may be expensive to start with, but rabbits breed like.....RABBITS! Will not long to get more than enough.

Oh, he also would keep seperate pure lines of New Zealands and Flemish Giants so he could always bring the same line back into his cross.

Back
Top Bottom