Arkansas folks speak up.........

Hello all Arkansans,

I hope you are all enjoying the warm Spring weather! I sure am.
smile.png

This is just a reminder that the entry deadline for the Big Bird Classic is just 12 days away. We still have plenty of room, but entries are coming in daily now so don't wait until the last minute. I ordered the awards today, they look good! And don't forget the $250 total in cash awards to the Champion and Reserve Large Fowl and Bantam (based on a minimum of 100 Bantams and 100 large fowl entered). And remember that Novices and Juniors all compete for the open awards . . .

If you need a show catalog you can go to http://www.BigBirdShows.com and download the PDF. If you need one mailed to you please get back to me right away so I can get you one in the mail.

Hoping to see you all in Pine Bluff on March 19!

Sincerely,

Ann Charles
Big Bird Classic

Quote:
Huh. I never knew we were La Di Da in Fayetteville. Thanks for clueing me in on that!

Honestly, Fayetteville is a great town and not at all La Di Da, or at least not anymore than any other city. If I someone told me I could live in any city in NWA I would choose Fayetteville for a million different reasons. We have great parks, fishing, trails, arts, family activities, music, affordability, schools, safety, etc. I lived in Golden CO for 2 years. I can tell you without hesitation that we are far friendlier here in Fayetteville than in anywhere in Colorado. Welcome to the Natural State!

Here ya go PiratePrincess I will just throw them all up here at one time for you and others
big_smile.png

2011 Upcoming Shows
March 19, 2011 ~ Pine Bluff, AR (Big Bird Classic II)
April 2, 2011 ~ El Dorado, Arkansas
May 1, 2011 ~ State Fair Spring Show, Little Rock, Arkansas
October 15, 2011 ~ Arkansas State Fair, Little Rock, Arkansas
November 5, 2011 ~ Fayetteville, AR

I have to update the APA-Arkansas website where you got your information. I just found out yesterday that the Little Rock dates have both been moved back a week - this would be the correct listing for Arkansas shows . . .

2011 Upcoming Shows
March 19, 2011 ~ Pine Bluff, AR (Big Bird Classic II)
April 2, 2011 ~ El Dorado, Arkansas
May 7, 2011 ~ State Fair Spring Show, Little Rock, Arkansas
October 20-22, 2011 ~ Arkansas State Fair, Little Rock, Arkansas
November 5, 2011 ~ Fayetteville, AR

Ann Charles
BigBirdClassic
APA State Rep

Quote:
If you are going to purchase a place, I would suggest http://www.unitedcountry.com as you can look up country property online. Look for Washington and Benton Counties. You could also look for Delaware County in Oklahoma and McDonald County in Missouri. Most of the unincorporated areas of Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri will allow you to have an unlimited number of animals.

The United Country agent in that area is http://www.ucarkansasrealestate.com

If you buy or rent a place without any barns or coops, we are dealers for American steel carports and Buildings and would be happy to help you with a new barn/carport. Our link is below.

You have come to the right place. We in Arkansas really try to help folks. There is a Poultry Show in Fayetteville each fall. Another one in Pryor, OK each spring about an hour west of Bentonville. There are several poultry Shows withing 4 or 5 hours drive. Branson is only a few hours from there. Then there is the historic Eureka Springs. Lots to do in NW Arkansas. The Ozarks are a bit different than the Rockies, but still beautiful. That area is mostly plateau; however, real mountains are not far away.

Hope this helps and WELCOME to Arkansas!!!!!

Jim

Spring Poultry Testing Clinic

The Drew County 4-H Poultry Club is sponsoring a Spring Poultry Testing Clinic. One day only on March 15, 2010, 4PM to 6PM at Drew Farm Supply in Monticello. Fee will be $.50 per bird. Certificate is good for 90 days and is required to exhibit poultry in Arkansas. Contact club leader Jim Hall for more information at 870/723-3724.

Learn more about the regulations on Exhibiting Poultry at http://www.arlpc.org/regs/NPIP.pdf

Quote:

Quote:
Jim,

Thanks for posting that. If anyone has a last minute entry for the Big Bird Classic, (or El Dorado, or the Fair Show) that would cover them for testing requirements until 6/15.

Ann

I am being a bit selfish. Last year we had a fall testing clinic and I still went to several farms to test. Then we had several show up at our county fair needing to be tested. ALPC rules state we can not test on premises, so I had to leave the fairgrounds and test the birds. Having a testing clinic on nuetral ground helps everyone...especially me.

Plus, I am the only Private tester in Drew County. Jen is the only one in Desha County and Ashley, Lincoln and Chicot Counties have none. The County Agent in Bradley County is a PT Tester.

Back
Top Bottom