Arkansas folks speak up.........

Quote:
Welcome to the board
big_smile.png

Welcome, paramedicO7.

By the way, dokieday, we used to come up and camp for the weekend at the black powder matches. Lots of fun with folks dressed like cowboys and indians, civil war soldiers, etc. Do they still have those there?

Well I ordered 25 chicks and 3 ducklings!
jumpy.gif
They will be here the first week of May.... must have patience...lol.!
fl.gif

I ordered
2 Cayuga females and 1 Cayuga drake
1 Golden Polish roo, 7 GP pullets
15 Dom pullets, 2 Dom roos
Now I have a month to get finishing touches on the coops and runs, I have the duck brooder setup and done, brooder for 8 GPs almost done! Havent even started on a brooder for 17 Doms.. not really sure how big to make it:confused:....i guess 1'sq per chick.
Just want to make sure they have enough room to grow for at least 4-6 weeks!!
Ohhh the descisions!!
barnie.gif

I once kept 28 full size breed chicks in a 3' x 5' brooder until they were maybe 4-1/2 weeks old. By that time they were fully feathered and it was mid-June, so they were out of the brooder. It was starting to look a little crowded, but they were fine. That was just over 1/2 sq ft per chick.

I don't know that you need a full 1 sq ft per chick, but why not make it big enough so you can get more next time. Besides, some building materials come in 8' lengths. That might make something like 3' x 5' fairly efficient in using materials. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Urgent! New law passed today! Backyard flocks in Arkansas are banned!

The Arkansas State Legislature secretly passed a new law. Governor Bebee is to sign it this evening, April 1, 2011. it will ban ALL backyard flocks of poultry statewide. the bill was sponsored by Senator Don Tyson. Call (501) 376-8111 to state your opposition to this new law before the Governor signs it into law.

See the new thread at https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6040774#p6040774

ETA
: This post was placed on April 1, 2011...April Fools Day! Don Tyson has never been a Senator...he may own a few, but he is not a Senator. The listed phone number was intentionally the time and temperature number for Little Rock, Arkansas. So noone has to worry about moving their birds to the front yard or turning their house around so their backyard is now their front yard. Hope all had a fun day!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom