Arkansas Meet-Ups, Swaps and Such

Don't forget about the Beebe Sale Barn/Flea Market.
There are tons of poultry every Saturday.

Thanks for the reminder. Do you have times, contact numbers, do they have on site blood testing?

Sorry I don't have any answers to these questions. I have never participated as a seller. More like a window shopper.
1f60a.png

At Beebe they usually get there pretty early. Usually the hardcore people get there around 5 o'clock in the morning. It lasts until folks get tired of sitting there.

As far as a tester, there usuall is one there but I've never seen anyone have their birds tested.

The lady that owns the place, or runs it , don't really know which makes her rounds around 8 o'clock or so to collect her $3.00 set up fee. I've seen a lot of folks pick up and leave when she comes round and then show back up a little layer when she is gone.

Had a fair day of it today. The prices at the auction seemed to be down a bit. There were quite a few Red Sexlinked hens there, most not in real good condition. They brought anywhere from $5.00 to $12.50 each.
What I was saying about the condition was that hens were missing a lot if feathers in their backs, I know that those type hens get nearly baked a lot if the time from all their laying, but it still looks bad.

I did pretty good with mine, took my mean Naked Neck rooster off and 4 young 21 week old pullets Easter Eggers. Averaged $18.75 each on the pullets. Not too bad.

I managed to. Come home with nothing to replace what I sold. I'll keep looking for my Naked Necks though.

Sounds like you did well Draye.

I'll be off grid for a while. Got a lot going on but I'll have tons of catching up to do later.

Also have chicks to get rid of. I've got another broody!
barnie.gif

I forgot to announce here that there was a swap at the Tractor Supply on Col. Glen Road today that started @ 7:00 a.m.

There were a few there for swapping. Saw a few that I would have liked but felt the prices were a little too high for me.
Saw one NN hen that I liked and there were 12 NN chicks st. Run that would have been nice. But I passed on them, I can order pullets only for that price. I think that will be what I do.

Last edited:
Auction this Saturday 12:00 noon June 30, 2015. Saline County Fairgrounds.

This will be the last month until September for small animals and poultry. They will have the goats and pigs and sheep sake I. July and August.

They feel it will be too hot and hard I. The chickens for a sake in Juky and August.

How many are coming?

Hope you have a good sale. I am running in circles to get some things done after we have been gone for almost 3 weeks on vacation.

I have a couple of very nice looking Silver Phoenix cockerels who will be needing a home soon but looks like I will have them until fall unless there is someone close by who is interested.

Saline, is too far away for me..seems that all the swaps are around Little Rock or in Missouri, while I am in between by hours. We really need a awap around here. I have seven roosters. Five of which need a new home. I have been told I could have gotten $15.00 for a rooster I have and away because I had too many.

Not really sure where you're located but there is an auction in London, Arkansas, that Puddin Fluff goes to sometimes.

There us also one in Hot Spribgs and one in Mount Ida. Not really sure which weekend of the month each are though.

I use Hot Doribgs as a backup for when I miss one here.

Saline, is too far away for me..seems that all the swaps are around Little Rock or in Missouri, while I am in between by hours. We really need a awap around here. I have seven roosters. Five of which need a new home. I have been told I could have gotten $15.00 for a rooster I have and away because I had too many.

The closest place I know of is Marble, near Huntsville. I've only been to the auction there once and it has since changed ownership and I think their charges are higher now, but they do sell chickens. You have to wait around til the end of the auction to get your cages back though and about five bucks is what to expect for roosters, but, if you need to get rid of them, that's the closest place I know.

Back
Top Bottom