Arrowhead block swap

bd15b0736ab0589b12aca8bf98e05fab.jpg

look at this, wowow and double owowo 

I kinda want to make this to drive my boyfriend crazy

Hi Ladies! How is everyone doing? We are having a sweltering week here! Heat indexes 103-105. Humidity stifling! We are supposed to go to the zoo tomorrow evening with one of my SIL's company. It is going to be a HOT one!!
somad.gif

I'm getting ready to start on my quilt. I want to starch it this time. To the ones who starch their fabric, should I wash it first and then starch?

I always wash mine, just throw it in the machine with like coloured clothes. I just think it is better to be safe than sorry!
Thanks fenrosie! I used to always wash my fabric first, but I've never starched it. Is any starch good to use? We have spray starch here, but it probably doesn't matter much, right?

I used spray starch for these blocks and loved how much easier it made making them , I am just starting a large quilt that has yardage and I managed to get some laundry starch to mix up in a bucket for that but had to was it out of the black as it made it ugly!

I've got 5 of my blocks made. I've had to take a break to move all my sewing things into the newly finished bonus room, then clean/paint/prepare the old sewing room for my husband to move his hobby things into. Hoping to get to work on them some more this weekend.

I used sizing on my blocks - it's essentially the same as starch

Kristy

I used spray starch for these blocks and loved how much easier it made making them , I am just starting a large quilt that has yardage and I managed to get some laundry starch to mix up in a bucket for that but had to was it out of the black as it made it ugly!
fenrosie, I have found that starching yardage, say over 3 yds or so to be very hard to iron, but that might be just my old age and arthritis.
I always wash and starch my fabric, just in smaller pieces.

I've finished all my blocks and I'm ready to mail them in but don't know where to send them. Can someone get me that info please??? Thanks so much.

Kristy

Ladies, remember ship "Flat Rate" these blocks will fit into a soft cardboard priority mailer which is included in the cost of shipping, of a grand total of $6.40 the bubble one is 6.80, the motto is if it fits it ships, so make sure you grab the correct one, and tracking is included. So you can just include $ 6.40 in stamps or cash, if your due change I slip it between your blocks.

Back
Top Bottom