ASAP rehome needed

Cewing

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2023
Long story short our chickens have mites we have tried to treat it for months with no success and don’t have anymore fight left in us unfortunately. Please don’t suggest anything anything else I am pretty sure we have tried it all. Per the suggestion of others I am looking for anyone that wants to adopt 2 (or 3 or all of them or our 2 ducks) and treat them before adding to your flock.

- 2 Drake Pekin ducks about 4 years old

- 1 rooster Blue Cochin about 4 years old he is very sweet and calm. He was attacked by a fox a few years ago defending his girls and was reintroduced to them after a few months in the barn being nursed back to health. He is a little slow and not good for guarding anymore but will keep your hens in line and is very lovable.

- 10 or so hen White Leghorns about 4 years old

- 1 rooster Barred Rock about 1 year old big boy good guard rooster

- 1 rooster Welsummer about 1 year old we call him our alarm he is very vocal and will alert to anything.

- 1 rooster Red Star about 1 year old he is kind of beteeen the other two roosters but I think he would be a good guard rooster

- 2 hen Welsummers about 1 year old

- 2 hen Whiting True Green about 1 year old

- about 10 hen Red Star about 1 year old

- 3 hen Barred Rock about 1 year old

- 3-4 hen Buff Orpington about 1 year old

- 3-4 hen Ameraucana about 1 year old

- 4-5 white leghorn about 1 year old

All birds are located in East Longmeadow Ma. I am just doing this to limit the opinions and negative feedback. This is already so difficult and those things make it harder.

The birds are still full of mites?

What did you try to treat the mites with?

The birds are still full of mites?

What did you try to treat the mites with?
It feels like everything. First poultry spray concentrate on them and premethrin on their house once we realized that wasn’t working we switched to elector psp for a few round and that didn’t work. It has been months of trying and hundreds of dollars. We are clearly doing something wrong but we can’t handle it anymore and desperately need to rehome but unfortunately per the advice of others will cull all birds we can’t find homes for.

I know you said not to suggest anything. But may I anyway? Ivermectin or moxidectin should do the trick.

Source: https://www.msdvetmanual.com/poultry/ectoparasites/mites-of-poultry?query=mites
I know everyone has suggested that on Facebook but we have tried and tried and I think the issue is that we got started too late treating because we didn’t realize what it was and then we probably carried mites all over the property and that’s why we can’t get rid of them. They are in the house and biting my dad at night and we just can’t handle it anymore. We just need to rehome so we can have some sanity back

I know everyone has suggested that on Facebook but we have tried and tried and I think the issue is that we got started too late treating because we didn’t realize what it was and then we probably carried mites all over the property and that’s why we can’t get rid of them. They are in the house and biting my dad at night and we just can’t handle it anymore. We just need to rehome so we can have some sanity back
Unfortunately Facebook is full of dumb dumbs and poultry protector spray is worthless.
Permethrin will work but you need to spray every bird and the coop every five or six days for a few weeks.

Unfortunately Facebook is full of dumb dumbs and poultry protector spray is worthless.
Permethrin will work but you need to spray every bird and the coop every five or six days for a few weeks.
Angie, need to use the correct dilution if you're mixing your own permethrin with water.

Sure, I can understand that, and you sound desperate for sanity again. I'm sorry for handing out a solution to you that you have already heard.

Back
Top Bottom