Ask a chef

You call making Sunday roasts and Yorkshire puddings not cooking? Me thinks you are being a little coy :)

Chris

There just basic things, I can manage a roast dinner and the other half does the Yorkshire puddings ;)
His always turn out better than mine.

I'm meaning anything fancy I can't do!

I am definitely following this thread. I too love cooking; though not officially a chef, I sometimes do make everyone at home very happy with something wonderful. @attimus I have been following your Mini farm thread since nearly the beginning and have enjoyed your story, as well as all the food talk (and Pics) that you have done. It baffles my mind how much you have accomplished in so little time each day; do you ever take time to just breath?

Wonderful Mushrooms soup
300-500 grams of mushrooms ( the best are wild ones!)
1.onion diced.
1. Leek only the wite part diced the green part whole.
1 carot cut to 4
1. Poteato diced .
1. 2-3 sellery stocks
This wonderful mushroom diced
Water, salt and peper, one box of cocking cream, or milk.
You fry the leek, onion, mushroom, potato in some butter, you need to add 6-8 cups of water and the rest of the vege, and coock till every thing is coocked. Thake out the selery and the carott and the green part of the leek. You process it in the fooud processor add salt and pepper, and bring to boil again, add the cooking cream, let it to cook for 3-5 minute and eat!
If you can't find wild mushrooms (in the store), what is the next best choice? Have never tasted wild mushrooms so don't know what to compare it to. I'd really like to try making this, thanks for the recipe.

Last edited:
Starting it off.
slow roasted karobuta pork belly, parsnip puree and flash sauted Brussels sprouts, topped with honey peach compote.

Paired with a melon trio salad(watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew) light spring mix, toasted almonds and honey infused goat cheese with a caramelized orange vinegrette all tossed together with finely chopped fresh herbs(thyme, basil, marjoram and tarragon) and a green onion garnish.

A.

How do you make caramelized orange vinegrette? Looks so good.

Wonderful Mushrooms soup

300-500 grams of mushrooms ( the best are wild ones!)

1.onion diced.

1. Leek only the wite part diced the green part whole.

1 carot cut to 4

1. Poteato diced .

1. 2-3 sellery stocks

This wonderful mushroom diced

Water, salt and peper, one box of cocking cream, or milk.

You fry the leek, onion, mushroom, potato in some butter, you need to add 6-8 cups of water and the rest of the vege, and coock till every thing is coocked. Thake out the selery and the carott and the green part of the leek. You process it in the fooud processor add salt and pepper, and bring to boil again, add the cooking cream, let it to cook for 3-5 minute and eat!

If you can't find wild mushrooms (in the store), what is the next best choice?  Have never tasted wild mushrooms so don't know what to compare it to.  I'd really like to try making this, thanks for the recipe.

You can use any FRESH mushroom that you can find, try to have a vriety of them, any type give its twist to the soup flavor!

@Akrnaf2 wonderful stuff, thank you for sharing.

I am definitely following this thread. I too love cooking; though not officially a chef, I sometimes do make everyone at home very happy with something wonderful. @attimus
 I have been following your Mini farm thread since nearly the beginning and have enjoyed your story, as well as all the food talk (and Pics) that you have done. It baffles my mind how much you have accomplished in so little time each day; do you ever take time to just breath?
don't need to be a chef to make someone smile with a good meal, happy to hear you've been around and glad your on board. Never enough hours in the day, and I don't sleep much as it is so I stay busy :)

Great thread. I don't cook much and am always looking for things to try.

Thanks for sharing!
your welcome, and hello.

A.

Agree! Its the attention that you give is that matter!

For all the coffee lovers my recipe for my wonderful Libyan flavored black coffee.
Ingridiant
1. A pot to cook the coffee
2. The best black coffee you can find.
3. 2-3 leafs of Pelargonium see this link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelargonium_graveolens
4. Sugar
And if you have a orange flowers extract it is wonderful

MO
put the water in the pot, (you should know how manny cup of water you have!)
Add the leaf and let it boiled, after the water is boiling take it out of the fire add one full teaspoon( if you like it strong, like me, add a tablespoon) of coffee to every cup of water, add the sugar as you like and if you have the orange flower extract add 2-3 drops not more! Give it a good Stir and put back to the fire, when the coffee is coming up ( it happens very fast!) take it from the fire and drink !

Back
Top Bottom