Ask a chef

Pics
Here it is. My whack at Chevichie!

I'd say it's quite good and rather authentic,

except for the ritz crackers.
roll.png

Mmmmm... That looks delicious! Love ceviche. I even have tortilla chips to go with!

Lunch today was at a Persian restaurant. One opened up down the street. Lots of meat on skewers and rice.

The dish I had was called a stew. Beef and spinach and preserved lemons and some herbage I could taste but not identify.... It was Yummy and surpisingly light... only olive oil was used for flavor not soup stock... LOL.

I ordered the hummus apppetizer and OMYGAWD it was good. Nothing like any hummus I hve ever had. This was a case of me ordering something I normally skip because i am not really fond of it. it was enough to feed a table of four... and home made pita chips. I could have eaten the whole thing... I could taste the tahini? in it....

the stew as described on their menu:

Ghormeh Sabzi
Red Beans, Herbs, Dried lemon, Spices and Beef Sirloin served with Basmati Rice.
The waitress told me there was spinach in it.

I will be back to sample their fare for sure.

deb

Lunch today was at a Persian restaurant.  One opened up down the street.   Lots of meat on skewers and rice.

The dish I had was called a stew.  Beef and spinach and preserved lemons and some herbage I could taste but not identify....  It was Yummy and surpisingly light...  only olive oil was used for flavor not soup stock... LOL.

I ordered the hummus apppetizer and OMYGAWD it was good.  Nothing like any hummus I hve ever had.  This was a case of me ordering something I normally skip because i am not really fond of it.  it was enough to feed a table of four...   and home made pita chips.  I could have eaten the whole thing...  I could taste the tahini? in it....

Ghormeh Sabzi
Red Beans, Herbs, Dried lemon, Spices and Beef Sirloin served with Basmati Rice.

deb

Ohhhh my, that's making my dinner sound horrible! Meat on a stick!!! Love!!!

Lunch today was at a Persian restaurant.  One opened up down the street.   Lots of meat on skewers and rice.

The dish I had was called a stew.  Beef and spinach and preserved lemons and some herbage I could taste but not identify....  It was Yummy and surpisingly light...  only olive oil was used for flavor not soup stock... LOL.

I ordered the hummus apppetizer and OMYGAWD it was good.  Nothing like any hummus I hve ever had.  This was a case of me ordering something I normally skip because i am not really fond of it.  it was enough to feed a table of four...   and home made pita chips.  I could have eaten the whole thing...  I could taste the tahini? in it....

Ghormeh Sabzi

deb

Ohhhh my, that's making my dinner sound horrible! Meat on a stick!!! Love!!!

Whats up Linda, long time.....

Back
Top Bottom