Ask a chef

Pics
:drool   I wish I could eat at your restaurant....

No joke I just came up with that.

And on the subject of eating at my work, one of the reasons I'm happy this thread is doing well. Good food can be cooked simply and I want people to know that. I'm glad you both enjoi my meals and happy to have everyone sharing as much as they have.

I like to think of this like those stupid canned soup commercials with the string where the mom is asking the cook on the other end whats in the can, expect that I'm not an actor and I don't play a cook on television, our means of communication puts a string in the stone age and I despise canned soups as soups. :)

Quote:
Quote: Oh yummy! Don't forget the mint! Have to have the mint!
smiley-eatdrink026.gif

They had Thai basil starts at the at the local farm store. Got some!! Such a good aroma and flavor.

Quote: Oh yummy! Don't forget the mint! Have to have the mint!
smiley-eatdrink026.gif
They had Thai basil starts at the at the local farm store. Got some!! Such a good aroma and flavor.
basil is undoubtedly one of my favorite herbs to use. Look for spicey globe basil for salads, the stuff grows like a bush but looks like micro greens, cardinal basil is alot mellower and has these big bushy flowers. I had some nice mints growing before the chickens, chocolate and orange, now I'm down to a mojito. Need to really get my herbs going this year again.

Last edited:
I know this is off topic slightly, but I made this on a whim the other night for my wife and I for our salad night dinner. It turned out wonderful, been waiting to finally share a recipe and it was so simple. Not exactly sure why I added the baking soda, thinking it would help make it frothy I guess, seems like it did. well, it didn't have an adverse effect anyway. We enjoyed I very much, hope you do as well.

Strawberry Salad Dressing

1 Cup Strawberries, sliced
3 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp ACV
¼ tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
Olive oil

Put all ingredients in Blender and Blend; slowly add Olive oil to desired consistency.

I know this is off topic slightly, but I made this on a whim the other night for my wife and I for our salad night dinner. It turned out wonderful, been waiting to finally share a recipe and it was so simple. Not exactly sure why I added the baking soda, thinking it would help make it frothy I guess, seems like it did. well, it didn't have an adverse effect anyway. We enjoyed I very much, hope you do as well.

3 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp ACV
¼ tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
Olive oil

Put all ingredients in Blender and Blend; slowly add Olive oil to desired consistency.
by no means off topic. And I enjoy the simplicity of it. Feel free to share whenever.

I like to think of this like those stupid canned soup commercials with the string where the mom is asking the cook on the other end whats in the can, expect that I'm not an actor and I don't play a cook on television, our means of communication puts a string in the stone age and I despise canned soups as soups.
smile.png
Soup is so easy and when you make it yourself you know there is nothing bad in it.
I have food allergies and sensitivities, I just decided that in the long run it was cheaper to buy fresh and make everything myself. If we do not feel like cooking, we eat raw.
and so much less sodium.

Guests are a bit taken aback because they are so used to salt and need to add it to our food. It isn't that we do not use it, we just don't salt everything.
If you eat out fast food a lot, you eat so much more sodium than you realize.

I know this is off topic slightly, but I made this on a whim the other night for my wife and I for our salad night dinner. It turned out wonderful, been waiting to finally share a recipe and it was so simple. Not exactly sure why I added the baking soda, thinking it would help make it frothy I guess, seems like it did. well, it didn't have an adverse effect anyway. We enjoyed I very much, hope you do as well.

3 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp ACV
¼ tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
Olive oil

That sounds really good, and I imagine I could substitute mango or blueberries as well.
peaches..!

We should be getting some of the spring peaches soon!

Back
Top Bottom