ASK ME!!

I have a roo leghorn that is 6 weeks old. He has never had any problems standing or walking, but tonight I noticed he won't stand straight and when he walks he is bent over dragging his belly! Is something wrong?? He doesn't look ill.......he did shake and was full of pine shavings. Could this just be from his "bath"?

I also have one the sneezed tonight....that's normal too....right? :fl

I have a roo leghorn that is 6 weeks old. He has never had any problems standing or walking, but tonight I noticed he won't stand straight and when he walks he is bent over dragging his belly! Is something wrong?? He doesn't look ill.......he did shake and was full of pine shavings. Could this just be from his "bath"?

I also have one the sneezed tonight....that's normal too....right? :fl

I went and asked for help on this question... im never heard of roo acting like that... hopefully some one will be here soon to answer

Do hens do that??? Maybe I have him pegged wrong and he is really a she??

And he would run fine if startled, just walked dragging his belly.

Last edited:
chickens peck each other for lots of different reasons... as long as she dont bleed or show any signs of injury I wouldnt be to worried bout it. Once the babies are hatched she will protect them but it would not hurt for u to watch and observe their actions around one another to make sure the momma can handle protecting her babies
well we separated her and yesterday four of her five eggs hatched so so pleased :)

Back
Top Bottom