Asking for Breeding Advice!

The Welsummers and all three cuckoo marans can go in either pen and be useful.
I don't know, she's in the 6 week old group. Her, 1 RIR, and the silver cuckoo Marans are 7 weeks. 3 RIR and 2 Dominikers are 9 weeks. The rest are laying now.
Is the gold cuckoo laying true chocolate eggs, or just light brown?
20230501_124130.jpg
20230501_124136.jpg

If the Easter egger ends up laying blue, absolutely put her with the Mosaic. Otherwise you won't be able to tell her eggs apart from the Ameraucana eggs. If she has muffs, I'd honestly keep her with the Mosaic no matter what she lays, since you'll probably be able to tell her chicks apart at hatch due to most/all having cheek muffs.

The darker the chocolate the eggs are, the darker the olive eggs from those daughters should be. So the Welsummers and marans are up to you on if you want olive egg daughters or sexlinks. The marans should produce sexlinks with either group though, either with dark skinned daughters and light skinned sons (Mosaic), or with solid daughters and barred sons (Ameraucana).

If the Easter egger ends up laying blue, absolutely put her with the Mosaic. Otherwise you won't be able to tell her eggs apart from the Ameraucana eggs. If she has muffs, I'd honestly keep her with the Mosaic no matter what she lays, since you'll probably be able to tell her chicks apart at hatch due to most/all having cheek muffs.

The darker the chocolate the eggs are, the darker the olive eggs from those daughters should be. So the Welsummers and marans are up to you on if you want olive egg daughters or sexlinks. The marans should produce sexlinks with either group though, either with dark skinned daughters and light skinned sons (Mosaic), or with solid daughters and barred sons (Ameraucana).
How cool!!!! I can't thank you enough for all of this guidance!!! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom