assorted rare breeds = chicken pandemonium?

Hi Toynutz,

I saw your picture and noticed the similarity in the hens of Campines and Sicilian Buttercup hens. I love the beautiful black spangles on them and the Roo has beautiful colors. Yes, I've read they can be very flighty. I've also read some stories of others who interact with their flock and earned their trust and developed a friendlier relationship. I've read as much as I could find and found out they prefer to be left alone. The Rooster likes to sit on a branch watching the flock. Not an aggressive bird. If four kids to hand tame a raccoon I guess I can hand tame chicks. By the time their adult birds I hope they know they are part of my flock! These birds aren't good sitters, are average in size ( roo:6 1/2, hen:5), and best of all(sarcasm) flighty. No best of all the are rare and very beautiful, have green feet, the roo's have crowns for combs. They are supposed to be tasty and can forage pretty good.

The red dorking is a dual meat bird & since my other specimen is not a real good layer, nor very big I guess this one's got a be a double barrel. This breed is also rare. Is a big, heavy bird; roo's: 10-14, hens: 8-11. They are friendly, Red, did I tell you their gorgeous?, They have short legs and I hear they are hysterical to watch run.

I've run on and on. Talk to you later

Adrienne

Back
Top Bottom