At what age can I tell genders?

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
5 Years
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
Hey! I’ve got nine 8 week old bourbon red poults and was wondering, would I be able to tell male from female yet?
First time with turkeys. 😃
CF6EFE57-2726-425A-A9F5-65A67A733211.jpeg

Hey! I’ve got nine 8 week old bourbon red poults and was wondering, would I be able to tell male from female yet?
First time with turkeys. 😃View attachment 3584648
With Bourbon Reds you can sex them as soon as they have their adult feathers. The hens will have light colored lower edges on their breast feathers. The toms will have dark or black lower edges on their breast feathers.

Both hens and toms will have light colored edges on their juvenile breast feathers.

With Bourbon Reds you can sex them as soon as they have their adult feathers. The hens will have light colored lower edges on their breast feathers. The toms will have dark or black lower edges on their breast feathers.

Both hens and toms will have light colored edges on their juvenile breast feathers.
Ok awesome thank you!!!

So how old when they get these adult feathers?

I know, I should already know this, right? 🤭

Back
Top Bottom