At what age do Black Australorps begin to lay their first eggs???

Pics
Thanks! I will definitely look out for eggs and take a pic of her first egg and post it! Emma has 5 roommates.
1f603.png
. (3) Plymouth Barred Rocks, RIR and a Welsummer.

Thanks! I will definitely look out for eggs and take a pic of her first egg and post it! Emma has 5 roommates.
1f603.png
. (3) Plymouth Barred Rocks, RIR and a Welsummer.

I'm glad she's not alone..l I just started finding eggs this past week... Out of 9 hens only 2 maybe 3 are laying so I guess around age 21-23 weeks...

Last edited:

The girl is Cheeto, named after her favorite snack. She is 22 weeks and no eggs.
Our other girls are White Leghorns and they have been laying since 19 weeks!

This is Bloomer. She is also 22 weeks and still no eggs!

Mine are now 24 weeks old and 5 out of 9 are now laying... Give your ladies another week or so... When thier faces flush brilliant red you will see eggs any time....

One of mine finally started laying last week. We were getting an egg everyday until a couple of days ago. She skipped one day but then laid a huge egg the next day!

Not knowing the history of your girl (and I believe your chicken is a 'she') it is possible that she has been cast out because she is past laying.
A new home, a fright, age... any kind of stress, can cause cessation of laying.
Also chickens are flock birds and need not to be kept as a sole pet. I'd encourage you to either rehome your girl to a rescue group that keep a flock or to acquire another girl at point of lay.
All the best.
Rob

Back
Top Bottom