still not laying eggs

dday6342

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2023
so ive posted this before but im just getting worries for my girls i have theee isa browns there 1 year and 1 month old its april and there still not laying any eggs and thats all three of them they look and act completely healthy ive attached picture below there combs and wattles are bright red, they eat and and drink plenty they act energetic and happy can someone please help! and yes my girls love to cuddle lol

Attachments

• IMG_5881.jpeg
    IMG_5881.jpeg
    547.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5135.jpeg
    IMG_5135.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4972.jpeg
    IMG_4972.jpeg
    581.4 KB · Views: 4
Are you giving them enough boring time in the coop? I know the silkies I had if I didn't keep them locked in till around noon those girls never gave me eggs. They would play all day!

Are you giving them enough boring time in the coop? I know the silkies I had if I didn't keep them locked in till around noon those girls never gave me eggs. They would play all day!
thank you for responding i i open there coop door around 6am so there in there fancy run castle chicken run (as my husband would say lol) untill around 2ish then i let them free range till bedtime which now around 7:30ish
to note i have some entertaining things like toys, a mirror and kitty pool of dirt for there dirt baths a treat thing some times for activity and lots of attention from me lol

I did the same thing! They had so much fun and attention all the time they never even thought about eggs till they got a Little bored. My barred rock girls are not like that though. Just the silkies.

Maybe try keeping them in the little coop with nesting boxes for a few extra hours before they go out to all the toys. This could make them think about eggs rather than playing.

They could possibly be laying somewhere in your yard, which could attract predators (especially skunks). If I'm not getting eggs from a hen it has to stay in the coop until it lays. If it comes to late afternoon and I know they won't lay for that day, I let them out to forage until bedtime with the others. A few days of this generally reinforces the idea that they have to lay in the nesting box. Hope this helps!

i open there coop door around 6am so there in there fancy run castle chicken run (as my husband would say lol) untill around 2ish then i let them free range till bedtime which now around 7:30ish
By looks they should be actively laying.. hidden nest would be suspect.. consider locking them in for a few days to find out.

By looks they should be actively laying.. hidden nest would be suspect.. consider locking them in for a few days to find out.
thats ehat we thought but cant find a single egg and when they free range we have a section of the yard fenced off just for them me and my husband have searched everywer its the weirdest thing

Back
Top Bottom