Attn: People who have expressed interest in my Speckled Sussex eggs

Quote:
Why don't you ask Rooster-Red for the info about behavior modification of the rooster. Worked for me! I can send you a copy if you want.

Quote:
Why don't you ask Rooster-Red for the info about behavior modification of the rooster. Worked for me! I can send you a copy if you want.

I've been working with him that way for months. It's a great article and it did work to some extent. I was going to get rid of him anyway because he has a son with better coloring. This incident tonight after all the time of working with him was the worst yet and it sealed the deal.

I would recommend everyone who has or plans to have a rooster to look up Rooster-Red's personal page on rooster behavior. It is valuable and useful.

Quote:

I've been working with him that way for months. It's a great article and it did work to some extent. I was going to get rid of him anyway because he has a son with better coloring. This incident tonight after all the time of working with him was the worst yet and it sealed the deal.

I would recommend everyone who has or plans to have a rooster to look up Rooster-Red's personal page on rooster behavior. It is valuable and useful.

That's really a shame. It worked totally on my silkie roo. He was even real nice to my 6 year old granddaughter who spent an hour in the run with him and others every day. I was kinda suprised.

He had really calmed down around me and my wife. My kids haven't been around him since he popped both of them. It just wasn't safe and he still didn't settle all the way down around us. Tonight he actually FLOGGED me, spurs and all. I can't tolerate that.

Quote:
Mmmm, home made chicken soup. That's the best solution
wink.png

I have this idea everyone has issues w/ mean roosters all the time I was thinking what if their was someone to take them? But I can't pay for shipping costs so thats where the 'plan' fails. I would be able to keep them and/or find homes for them I have bunches of people w/ chickens living around me.

Quote:
I do NOT see how people can do that?! Like see something alive and then just kill it and eat it?! I can't even eat em when I didn't see em alive. Lol it befounds me.

Quote:
I do NOT see how people can do that?! Like see something alive and then just kill it and eat it?! I can't even eat em when I didn't see em alive. Lol it befounds me.

It's easy. I eat meat. These birds are nice to have around and we really enjoy them, but they can be eaten as well. I see no purpose in wasting good meat by simply putting it down. I also feel it would not be fair to re-home a problem rooster and endanger other people. That would be irresponsible. We have chickens and ducks and turkeys to help us be more self sufficient. We sell the eggs and the birds as well as eat the eggs and the birds. We care for them and they help us help ourselves. Many people would call it a livestock mentality, so I guess that is what it is. We raise them to provide for ourselves, not as pets. Every animal on my place has a purpose and is useful or I would not pay to feed it.

Quote:

It's easy. I eat meat. These birds are nice to have around and we really enjoy them, but they can be eaten as well. I see no purpose in wasting good meat by simply putting it down. I also feel it would not be fair to re-home a problem rooster and endanger other people. That would be irresponsible. We have chickens and ducks and turkeys to help us be more self sufficient. We sell the eggs and the birds as well as eat the eggs and the birds. We care for them and they help us help ourselves. Many people would call it a livestock mentality, so I guess that is what it is. We raise them to provide for ourselves, not as pets. Every animal on my place has a purpose and is useful or I would not pay to feed it.

Its okay if you do that but my 'pets' definatly do not have a purpose rofl. I just love them. I have hedgehogs, tortoises, budgies, finches, chickens I had a duck who came in the house and walked on a leash, he played w/ our dog too. My chickens actually ride on the handlebars of our bikes down the dirt roads you should see the double takes people do "Woah. Was that a chicken?!" I don't think it would be very irresponsible if that person knew it was a mean roo and decided that was okay and they could take care of it and the people around it and caring for it. :] Lol i just like saving things i guess.

Quote:

Its okay if you do that but my 'pets' definatly do not have a purpose rofl. I just love them. I have hedgehogs, tortoises, budgies, finches, chickens I had a duck who came in the house and walked on a leash, he played w/ our dog too. My chickens actually ride on the handlebars of our bikes down the dirt roads you should see the double takes people do "Woah. Was that a chicken?!" I don't think it would be very irresponsible if that person knew it was a mean roo and decided that was okay and they could take care of it and the people around it and caring for it. :] Lol i just like saving things i guess.

Well I just wanted you to know that I don't kill things just because I can. I really value the animals in my care. This rooster has left a scratch on my two year olds head that ran from just behind his eye to his temple. After that he was put up in the pen farthest away from access that my kids had. Not that they wanted to be anywhere near him anyway. His girls are among our favorites and it would be nice to have them out and about again. I do have pets, like the dog and the cat, but the cat chases mice and the dog helps me with cows. Actually, she doesn't help so much with cows anymore because we moved off of the ranch, but two winters ago she saved me from a cow trying to trample me in a stall and took my beating for me and a few weeks ago she saved my two small boys from my pig who escaped and chased them in the yard. So I couldn't possibly get rid of her- ever. Incidentally, the pig currently resides in my freezer because it can't get out of there.

Back
Top Bottom