ATTN: Yokohama Lovers!

Urgh, effort. I have the tab up, I'll get to it eventually. All nice, advanced Kanji. FML. Golden week right now so I am working very hard to do nothing XD.
Oh, enjoy the week, I will take any help I can get at your convenience not the other way around.
smile.png
I understand needing down time, my body and brain where fried this weekend. Everything was hard, even English. lol It is very hard for me to get a non-crazy busy week without having to work work on at least Thursday of said vacation week.

Have some fun! And get R&R.

Ooops, yes I meant Minohiki.
Sorry, I am still learning.

Those birds look awesome!!! I wish I lived in Japan sometimes.
Oh, I figured maybe that is what you meant too, I am still learning too.

I really enjoyed my month stay in Japan (despite not speaking Japanese & being illiterate in all the alphabets they use when landing) I think I walked across most of Japan's islands in a month LOL. I can't even begin to tell you all the places I went on foot. I still remove my shoes when entering my home, eat rice, cook a few Japanese dishes, use chopsticks with allot of meals it seems and a few other habits. I have given up on getting some dishes made correctly in the USA at restaurants, others I can not find the stuff for to make myself, but I just got told about a new market that is suppose to be awesome... field trip for me next food shopping day. I would like to replace my tea ceremony equipment that was ruined and my kimono (I might try making the kimono) so I can do the ceremony for my dh again. I miss Japan.

Lucky.
That is awesome. Our family never wears shoes inside but we don't have Genkan, do you?
I would really only go to Japan for the landscape. Not a huge fan of their culture ( their language is real hard as well ), nor their vast city lives. But Japans mountains and rice fields....picture perfect.
No we do not have a Genkan, we do have a shoe shelf near the front door under the house plant table. Japan is beautiful, but like all cultures it has good and bad things about it. I have met enough people from around the world to realize this is true for all cultures.

I have always found my native English difficult. I honestly found pronouncing Japanese way easier than English.
lol.png
But then I have not pursued Japanese since. My understanding is English speakers find "classifiers" hard?

Yeah the cities are not my thing either.

I studied ( not voluntarily.lol. ) for 2 years, so I know a bit. But it really wasn't that fun, only because it was taught terribly to me.
What are classifiers?

Classifiers are words that can mean many different things based on the context of the sentence... in English I think the slang word "thingy" would be a classifier, but technically according to the grammar buffs English lacks them. American Sign Language has classifiers in which there are signs that can stand for several words based on context of the other signs too, ASL is not an English gloss but C-Sign out of Canada is... I discovered my deaf aunt from Canada and I could not talk till we exchanged some signs and I worked out she did not know classifiers, as I had learned some ASL so we could talk, but she spoke C-Sign. LOL.

Being forced into a language with poor teaching always equals the student not learning well... being hit while trying to learn sh, th and ch sounds while trying to learn to read English means I am likely to stutter when and only when I try to read out loud in any language. My German piano teacher made me straight up refuse to play piano as a kid... now I can hack out a few kiddy songs because I have one in my dinning room to fiddle around on it with no stress or expectations of perfection. So I do understand how people teaching a subject can cause a child to do worse and worse versus improve skill level by straight up ruining the experience of learning.

:)

Back
Top Bottom