ATTN: Yokohama Lovers!

Hi, I keep mine inside at all times. The most important thing for them is to keep them dry and clean. Too much sun will make the feathers brittle and break, mud, ice, stuff like that will dry and cause it to break. I keep mine in a 10 x 10 space with plywood around the bottom 2 ft and also where they roost. Wire will also shred a tail from them turning against it. I don't think the 10 x 10 is as important as the plywood. Too many hens can also be hard on their tail. Hope that helps!

Well I just finished building a tractor for my wifes broilers and it measures 4x5(top and bottom frame work were 4x5 pallets) and 3ft tall. Didn't realise how big 4x5 was till then. So that should be good for the front and rear width. 8ft tall I believe should be good enough for a temporary setup.

Thanks thats good to know!
i hope its ok to keep this thread alive! I dont want to hi-jack it from dragon. Hope to hear about the flock and how the projects are goin!

My yokies are about 5 wks now and my boy has his shoulders comming in and WOW! It looks like his wings are bleedin! My girl has really LONG primary flight feathers already and is clearing a 3ft flap out of the brooder/tractor!!! I think the girl has the wrong type of comb but im not sure yet. I will deffinately post pics asap! They may be on my profile page within a few days.

oh I wish I had one I love the pics by the way.
droolin.gif

I am not breeding, but wanted to share pictures of the two yokohama pullets we got from Ideal for our kids 4H.
I am planning on keeping just one of them permanently because of the low egg production, but they are sure pretty birds :)

New from the hatchery!

2 weeks old

5 1/2 weeks

9 weeks

11 weeks

Here are a couple pics of a white Yoke and a White Phoenix. Phoenix have white earlobes, single comb, and slate legs. Yokes have yellow legs, red earlobes, and a walnut comb. Those are the big differences. There are also different body type and feather structure on some. If you are in Europe the standards may be different but those are ours here in the US.
White Phoenix

White Yokohama

Back
Top Bottom