August 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I have had to take each egg out and smell it to find the bad one. You need to get the bad ones out asap if they blow up it could kill them all from bacteria. Hope you the best!

That egg looks like it is dead by day 12 you should see more then that. Sorry
1f61e.png
but good luck with the others!

I hate to keep asking what people think about this egg but it still doesn't stink or have a bloodline, it doesn't look right or move either but a few days ago it looked like this during candeling

And tonight this

Any ideas of what's going on? I originally thought I was on day 12 but now I'm not even sure. Does it appear to be growing or alive to you?

I have had to take each egg out and smell it to find the bad one. You need to get the bad ones out asap if they blow up it could kill them all from bacteria. Hope you the best!

I can't smell anything on individual eggs yet. The smell is pretty faint, and is only detectable after the incubator has been closed awhile. I've never seen such clear bubbles in an egg before so it made me immediately suspicious.

I think I'm going to toss the bubble eggs tonight. Trying to hatch the suspected scrambles was already a hail Mary.

I hate to keep asking what people think about this egg but it still doesn't stink or have a bloodline, it doesn't look right or move either but a few days ago it looked like this during candeling

And tonight this

Any ideas of what's going on? I originally thought I was on day 12 but now I'm not even sure. Does it appear to be growing or alive to you?

Sorry to say but I think it's an early D.I.S. if you don't see bacteria rings, weeping or have an off smell, I would still toss it before lock down to be on the safe side.

I can't smell anything on individual eggs yet. The smell is pretty faint, and is only detectable after the incubator has been closed awhile. I've never seen such clear bubbles in an egg before so it made me immediately suspicious.

I think I'm going to toss the bubble eggs tonight. Trying to hatch the suspected scrambles was already a hail Mary.

Little bubbles are an indication of scrambling. Can you see the yolk floating around? Probably not, I would think.

And tonight this

Doesn't look like it's growing; the contents just shifted. Doesn't look good, to me.

7am: Here is what has hatched since the last pictures

14 total are out. A buff one zipped last night but was heavily goopy and the goop sealed it shut and it suffocated :( Two others are shrink wrapped, but I made safety/observation holes in the rest and as their veins recede I'll help them out to prevent further problems. I'm having humidity issues with these guys. The humidity is dropping as they hatch for some reason.

ETA

8am

Everyone's veins had receded so I went ahead and zipped/popped their tops and loosened them up, misting any stickiness. I'll let them pull themselves the rest of the way out but so far they all look good. It looks like I've got 24 with only seven being pearl colored
1f603.png

Last edited:
Little bubbles are an indication of scrambling. Can you see the yolk floating around? Probably not, I would think.

On the bubble eggs there was a slightly dark haze, larger than a yolk should be. I think that was the broken yolk. Unfortunately I also saw it on the last two eggs I candled. Neither was marked as ?scrambled? From the last candling but I couldn't find a yolk this time around. So I think a total of 5 are toast so far

Everyone was right, and thank you all for your advice! I finally gave up on it and decided to take egg out, I just wanted to be sure first. I was able to video tape one moving around today though :)

Back
Top Bottom