August 2016 Hatch-A-Long

hit.gif

All the cute little chicks make me really want to have chickens again!

..................but I don't think its gonna happen this hatch. The peeping totally stopped and most stopped rocking. I got paranoid and just finished candling. On four eggs I'm seeing the veins very visibly recede, one of these definitely had an internal pip but I'm seeing no movement at all in these 4. Two eggs are still alive and jiggling slightly, but I'm not liking my odds

Congratulations to everyone on your chicks and pips. I have one chick and lots of pips so far.

:hit

All the cute little chicks make me really want to have chickens again!

..................but I don't think its gonna happen this hatch. The peeping totally stopped and most stopped rocking. I got paranoid and just finished candling. On four eggs I'm seeing the veins very visibly recede, one of these definitely had an internal pip but I'm seeing no movement at all in these 4. Two eggs are still alive and jiggling slightly, but I'm not liking my odds 
I'm hoping your wrong
1f622.png
1f62d.png
praying that they pull through for you! Give them time, mine are being stubborn too, and it's really hard to see in eggs this far along and they don't really move, maybe/hopefully your wrong!

Last edited:

for whatever reason this one made it this far then died
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

I opened the shell and the chick looked normal with no defects and fully developed but in the bottom of the shell there was yellow stuff, maybe an infection, is this normal? Could it happen to my other 7 eggs?

Last edited:
As of last night, I had 3 chicks hatch out of 5. Broody still sat on 2 remaining eggs.
How long will she sit on those before she gets fed up and starts to take the chicks out?

Back
Top Bottom